Author Topic: Sick of overly complicated music players where I can't group compilations  (Read 500 times)

johnnyzenith

I have tried repeatedly to group compilation albums together on MusicBee.  I have been told various ways to do this and none of them work.  Finding duplicates is also very difficult  What the hell do I do?

Thanks

hiccup

I have been told various ways to do this and none of them work.  Finding duplicates is also very difficult  What the hell do I do?
You haven't been told on this forum since this is your very first post here.
Have you done proper forum searches on these two matters?
Both have been asked and discussed many times over the years, so it shouldn't be hard to find answers to them.

johnnyzenith

I have been told various ways to do this and none of them work.  Finding duplicates is also very difficult  What the hell do I do?
You haven't been told on this forum since this is your very first post here.
Have you done proper forum searches on these two matters?
Both have been asked and discussed many times over the years, so it shouldn't be hard to find answers to them.

I never once even suggested I was told on here.  Yes I have done searches but it is easier to ask.  I am quite ill and do not have the attention span to piece it all together, hence asking for support.  Either you can offer that support or you can't.  Thank you for your reply.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Either you can offer that support or you can't.
Thank you for giving me these options.

Lol

Either you can offer that support or you can't.

Does that also mean either you can search or you can't?
Most other people don't seem to have the same issues you're experiencing.
Maybe the problem isn't the program, maybe it's just you?

Tybot

Not sure which ways you've tried that hasn't worked but I would start with making sure all your tags are in order. After that's done, you need to tell Musicbee how to handle those tags/display those albums.

Do you want all your compilations sorted together in the same place or do you want to put them in sub-categories? For example, if I have a various artists album with just christmas songs - I change the album artist tag to "Christmas". If it's a soundtrack that's compiled of different artist and not one single composer - I set the album artist to "Soundtrack". This is also done at a folder level where each sub-category gets its own folder, e.g "VA-Christmas" while all my regular albums goes into "Artist A-Z". Those folders are then included in my monitored folders and added to my library.

Another thing you can do is share how you display your library currently and how you've decided to sort it. If you sort by "Artist" and not "Album Artist", then various artists albums will of course be displayed as a separate albums. If there's 25 different artist on a compilation - you will end up with 25 different album entries even though it's all one album.