Author Topic: OPTION TO DISABLE VOLUME CONTROL PREVENT MOUSE UNINTENTIONAL SCROLLING ETC  (Read 1808 times)

lux1o

How Do I Stop My Mouse Scroll From Changing the Volume?

I CONTROL VOLUME IN EXTERNAL DEVICE

VERY VERY THANKS

MUSICBEE IS THE BEST

TheGrandmaSlayer

Yesssss, I fully support this recommendation and I'm actually shocked such a feature isn't built-into the settings!                                                                                                           

phred

• Global Moderator
Mouse scroll should only be changing the volume when it is hovered over the volume slider in the control panel. It has been this way for many years. Which begs the question, what version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER
Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:19:27 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

…and I'm actually shocked…                                                                                           
Really?
Did MusicBee send some 10.000 Volts through your body?
That should go into a bug report.

Dizza17

I too have experienced this issue. It was as if the hover zone was 3x larger than what it was supposed to be. I was using an early 3.5 version if I recall. Can’t say I’ve experienced it after the latest few updates.

Clarity

This happened to me throughout the years as well, but it's really a minor issue.

However, I might still suggest the options to add a "Show Volume Slider" and a "Show Play Duration" to the player controls panel for more customizing options. I'd use them, especially the latter option, for aesthetic reasons since the font size of the duration can't be changed on the fly ((hovering) the progress or wavebar as an indicator is enough in most cases).

Steven

• Administrator
its when you mouse wheel anywhere on the main player panel that is not a button. I guess it could be localised to immediate area around just the volume button.
I dont want to add more options for that

hiccup

its when you mouse wheel anywhere on the main player panel that is not a button. I guess it could be localised to immediate area around just the volume button.
I much prefer how it currently works, being able to scroll the volume up/down irrespective of on what specific part of the player panel the mouse is.

The Incredible Boom Boom

I much prefer how it currently works, being able to scroll the volume up/down irrespective of on what specific part of the player panel the mouse is.

Agree