Author Topic: 2 Different Albums Under The Same Album  (Read 647 times)

SansPikachu

Is there a way for me to put these songs on disc 2 which is on 'Melt My Eyez See Your Future (The Extended Edition)' put in with the song in disc 1 from the album called 'Melt My Eyez See Your Future' but keep the disc 2 album tag the same?

Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 10:24:20 PM by SansPikachu

Axxonn

If you open the tag editor and look under the Sorting tab, I would change the 'sort as' album tag to the same thing for both discs, so they will group together while keeping separate original tags. Then you might need to change your library's 'Sort By' order to use <Sort Album> instead of simply <Album>.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This might be a good case to use the Original Album tag. You could put 'Melt My Eyez See Your Future (The Extended Edition)' in Original Album for those tracks, so you can make the Album tag the same for all of them. If you're using the Album tag in other places like file organization, you might need to make adjustments to account for that.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
The answer to your question is no. At least not without overriding some fundamental grouping options, which I wouldn't suggest because Album is one of those tags you don't want to mess with too much because anything you do may affect your whole library.

I'd just give both discs the original album name and use a custom tag for something like Disc Name that you can use to display the disc 2 tracks with a separate heading.
e.g.

Bee excellent to each other...

The Incredible Boom Boom

The answer to your question is no. At least not without overriding some fundamental grouping options, which I wouldn't suggest because Album is one of those tags you don't want to mess with too much because anything you do may affect your whole library.

I'd just give both discs the original album name and use a custom tag for something like Disc Name that you can use to display the disc 2 tracks with a separate heading.
e.g.

To add on to this, the appropriate Custom Tag is "Set Subtitle."

hiccup

To add on to this, the appropriate Custom Tag is "Set Subtitle."
yes

(not that OP 'SansPikachu' seems much interested in the answers to his own question)