Author Topic: Make part of song title smaller  (Read 441 times)

zivbee

Is there any way to have a song title include the feature artists in it but be displayed smaller? I want my plays to sync with last.fm (which requires the feature artists in the title of the song) but want it to be displayed in a smaller font with a possibly different text color.

something like this, but i want to keep the featured artist in the title for last.fm scrobbling to count

thanks!

Zak

• Global Moderator
A virtual tag with this code should get you close:

Code
$If($IsMatch(<Title>,"\(.*\)$"),$RxSplit(<Title>,"\(.*\)",1)" "{contrast: 65}$RxMatch(<Title>,"\(.*\)"),<Title>)

This shows additional track information in a darker font.
Add a {font... } markup tag to to also change the size.

It's not perfect, but good enough for me.
You will probably want to tweak it to work with just featured artist names, otherwise it will format anything in parentheses.
Bee excellent to each other...

zivbee

thanks for the code!

it shows as working when i hit preview but isnt working on my actual music player, is there anything im doing wrong?

thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using the Album and Tracks view using the compact grid layout then there isnt any way to change the displayed field to a Virtual Tag. The detailed layout and all other views do allow the Virtual Tag to be used

zivbee

how do i get to a layout mode that virtual tags work in? i have no idea what layout im using

Steven

• Administrator
click the "Album and Tracks" button on the top left of the main panel