Author Topic: Faster method of changing display artist for scrobbling  (Read 231 times)

Saltbot

I am aware of this thread, and that you can individually change tracks to set the display artist, so that lastfm will scrobble correctly. Realistically, it's a pain to go through each track individually to change the display artist. But if I just right click the album and change it there, it overwrites the artist tags for every song instead of keeping them.

Is there any way to change the display artist for a whole album while keeping whatever artist tags were there in the artist splitter, without having to do each track individually? Or better yet a toggle for the plugin to scrobble album artist, although I know this is not currently a feature.
Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 05:07:30 AM by Saltbot

frankz

Select the desired files and open the tag editor. Go to "Tag Inspector" at the top and change (or add) the Display Artist field from there.  As long as none of the other boxes are ticked, none of the other tags will change.

Saltbot

Select the desired files and open the tag editor. Go to "Tag Inspector" at the top and change (or add) the Display Artist field from there.  As long as none of the other boxes are ticked, none of the other tags will change.

Thanks, this works perfectly. For reference, the exact tag you have to create is "DISPLAY ARTIST" and it'll work.