Author Topic: How to? Different folders in 2 tabs  (Read 650 times)

Anoushka

Hello,

I have 2 folders for my music ("All Bands" and "New records"), in which are folders with the artists with their tracks and I want these 2 folders to be displayed separately in 2 tabs.
So one tab "All bands" where only the folders and files are displayed which are in this folder.
And another tab "New records" where only the folders and files are displayed which are in this folder.
So I want to be restricted in each tab to only this folder (Inside the tab "All bands" I  do not want to be able to see or to move to the folder "New records" and vice versa).

I cannot find out how I can reach this wish.
Tried with Music Explorer, with folders, with separate libraries.

Could you please help me with this?
Thanks a lot!
Anoushka

Steven

• Administrator
when you open a tab by clicking the + button, the left sidebar pops up - just choose the relevant folder by expanding the "Computer" node
do the same for the next tab

Anoushka

Hello Steven,
thanks for your fast answer :-)
But when I do it like you wrote, I still have in my left panel in the tree both folders: In the navigation >computer and in the folder view and in the library explorer.
But I want to see the tree (with my music-folders)- but there only the folders which are in the accordingly parent folder (in the "All Bands"-Tab should be only the music-folders of the parent folder "All Bands". And vice versa in the "Records"-Tab).
So, I still don't know how to solve... Sorry

Axxonn

You could try making an auto-playlist for each folder, with the rule "Path" "starts with" C:\Music\All Bands... (for example), and another playlist leading to the other folder. I find keeping playlists open in different tabs a bit more stable than separate parts of the main library, when using different sort orders at least.

Anoushka

Hello Axxonn,
thanks for your suggestion!
hm, I tried it. But it also doesn't fit my wish.
In the first left panel I have the "navigation", the "tag-hierarchy-explorer" and the "PC" with my folders (there are still both "All bands" & "Records" visible). There I would like to see only one of the parent folder (f.e. "All bands").
In the 2. left panel I could make the folders of only one folder (f.e. "All bands") visible- great :-) But there I have already 3 things open (genre-category, genre, artist)- so with 4 things visible it would be much to much in one panel.
Thanks nevertheless!
Anoushka