Author Topic: Will I be able to save my ratings if I ever have to re-install MusicBee?  (Read 693 times)

Azimuth333

Hello everyone,

First of all thank you for Music Bee. I finally found a program that plays all my types of music files AND displays the album art that are located in the folders. I plan it using it to rate a large amount of music. The one thing that has me worried is appear that the file type .opus does not having a "rating" tag when I inspect its properties in Windows 7 (this is no fault of MusicBee of course). So I am wondering, if I go to rate all these .opus files, and then one day I have to re-format my computer or change machines, is there a way to restore the settings or some kind of backup or user data that comes along with Music Bee, so that it will restore all my ratings?

Steven

• Administrator
Ratings are saved to .opus files as long as Preferences/ Tags(1)/ store ratings in the music file is ticked
I wouldnt trust windows explorer to show all tag values for all formats. Something like mp3tag or the musicbee tag inspector can be used to check the tag values

hiccup

F.w.i.w: you should be able to see all file tags for most audio file types in both Win 7 and 10 if you install AudioShell:

http://www.softpointer.com/AudioShell.htm
Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 03:49:21 PM by hiccup

Azimuth333

Right on! I am good to go then. You don't know how long I've been looking for a program that works lol. I could not get Winamp to uptake the album art, unless it was all named a certain way or tagged within the file itself, which would be a very laborious process for thousands of files. And Media Monkey would work somewhat, but the newer versions crash on Win 7. So this program is a God send basically.

Appreciate the reply from you both. Thank you.