Author Topic: Scrobble tracks to last.fm based on track play percentage  (Read 1718 times)

apogee_surfer

Hello, Steven.

It would be very nice to have a toggleable, configurable feature that will allow or forbid Bee to send information about the track played to last.fm, if the track was skipped halfway through.
For example, if the track has been fully listened to, then most likely you liked it and it will be sent to last.fm. If the track has been listened to only partially, then the information about the listened track will not be sent to last.fm.

last.fm makes recommendations based mostly on tracks that I listened to partially and skipped because I didn't like them.

I'm not a programmer, just a suggestion:
Get track track length > get track played time > calculate the percentage > if 60% (75 or 90 (user preference)) percent of the track was listened to, then send the track information to last.fm > else skip.

Thank you! MusicBee ist the best!

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't use last.fm but take a look at Preferences > Now Playing > playback > skip count /play count.
Perhaps that will accomplish what you're looking for.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

apogee_surfer

I don't use last.fm but take a look at Preferences > Now Playing > playback > skip count /play count.
Perhaps that will accomplish what you're looking for.
Missed it... And it actually works for me!

Thank you!

phred

• Global Moderator
Thank you!
You're welcome. Glad it was an easy solution.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here