Author Topic: Apparent Conflict Between Lyric Plugins  (Read 1070 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hello Steven.
Coming from: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36952.msg204965#msg204965

It appears that when providers from different lyric plugins are auto-loaded by MusicBee (during plugin activation), there is some cross-association that happens between the plugins.

Scenario:
- I have opened MusicBee with both LyricsReloaded and NeteaseLyrics disabled.
- I then go into Preferences and enable each of them.
- Having done that, MusicBee will automatically load all the different providers that each plugin has to offer.
- After running a lyrics search for a particular track, I then go on to examine the Reloaded log file.
- In it, will be this entry that indicates MusicBee has somehow associated Netease Lyrics (as a provider) with the Reloaded plugin:

Code
02-10-2022 01:11:14 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Julie Bergan - All Hours - All Hours - Single - Netease Cloud Music(网易云音乐)
02-10-2022 01:11:14 [WARN] The provider Netease Cloud Music(网易云音乐) was not found!
In my testing, I have tried enabling all these lyrics plugins at the same time (Reloaded, Netease, Beenius, Petit), and the conclusion is the same:
For some reason, MusicBee is associating those other providers with Reloaded according to its log file.

These other plugins do not seem to have log files, so there's no way I can verify whether they also get associated with Reloaded providers or not.
And while this doesn't seem to affect the Reloaded providers on my system, it seems to affect them for other users.
Maybe there is more to it than MusicBee just trying to run a lyrics search, from another plugin's provider, on another plugin.

Just thought I'd report this and you'd have a look.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Steven

• Administrator
It sends all the lyrics providers - i just assumed only the ones the plugin knows about would be processed. For the next update, it will filter the list to only pass the ones the plugin knows about.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thank you Steven.
It wasn't causing me any problems but maybe for those for which it was, it will now allow them to use multiple lyrics plugin without any issues.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Although that is doable from the plugin's side, it looks like recent MusicBee versions insist on sorting the providers by alphabetical order.
In v3.5.8135, the default order is decided by the plugin. But on my current v3.5.8311, it seems to be using alphabetical order.
If I've understood the proposal correctly, I would need to ask Steven to get MB to revert back to the old sorting behaviour if this is to work.

Hello Steven.
If I'm not mistaken, the MB change that came as a result of this report seems to have introduced a default-providers sorting behaviour that I (and perhaps others) would not prefer.

As mentioned, I can't pin-point exactly when the change came, but on v3.5.8135, the order in which the providers were sorted on a freshly installed lyrics plugin was decided by the plugin. But in v3.5.8311 (and the latest at the time of writing), MusicBee appears to sort them in alphabetical order.

Would it be possible to revert MB back to the old behaviour where the plugin decided the default sorting order?
The Lyrics Reloaded plugin performs best when the providers are sorted in a specific manner.
So it'd be appreciated if lyrics plugins still had control over that. Thanks for considering!

Steven

• Administrator
its true the order requested in now alphabetical - that wasnt intentional. However the results are still processed in priority order.
I will change the call sequence back to priority order

edit:
the updated patch version is available now
Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 10:22:08 AM by Steven

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thanks a lot Steven. Really appreciated.
Just tried it now and it's back to working how it did at first.