Author Topic: 32 bits do not work in output mb-plugins.  (Read 7418 times)

music

There is a problem: 32-bit output does not work in mb format output plugins (mb_*.dll placed in the plugins folder).

I am trying to create my own output plugin (and I would like to publish it further), based on UPnP/ DLNA device support, changing the string in the file Encoder.vb:

Code
flags = (If(is16BitOutput, BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_FP_16BIT, BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_FP_24BIT) Or BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_PCM)

/*to*/

flags = (If(is16BitOutput, BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_FP_16BIT, BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_DEFAULT) Or BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_PCM)

/*or to*/

flags = (If(is16BitOutput, BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_FP_16BIT, BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_PCM) Or BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_PCM)

to get 32 float output instead of 24 bits. And 32 bits are really obtained, but there are clicks in the sound always when decoding is enabled. That is, for example, on flac + cue files, or on others when the dsp is enabled.

When decoder or dsp is not needed, or when output 16 or 24 bits = no clicks.

In particular, I use the output to Aplayer Media Renderer (upnp) built into APlayer (not to be confused with another "big" player called "album player"). And on almost all formats where decoding is necessary, there are clicks and breaks in the sound.

I tried the MusicBee-HQPlayer plugin, which is also based on UPnP/ DLNA device support, changed this line of code in it too to get a 32-bit output, and there were also clicks on mp3 and flac + cue files.

Help to get rid of this problem. Maybe it's a bug with the Sockets_Encoder_Start function, or I don't understand how to configure the BASS components correctly so that the buffer problems disappear. But I have tried to do this many times without success.

music

Tried version 3.4.7967 from 2021-10-24, bug was not fixed. Musicbee can't output 32 bit sound from its own format mb_*.dll output-plugins. Maximum possibility is 24 bits. Anything higher will result in stuttering, clicks, crackles, in any custom made plugin and in already existed MusicBee-HQPlayer plugin.
Not possible to fix bug by the user, only author of Musicbee can fix it in internals of the player, because this problem relate to buffer problem, to which user cannot reach from plugin internals.

music

Quite an important message for the developer. In the latest version mb 3.5.8243 bassenc.dll version 2.4.16 causes complete incompatibility with the upnp plugin. Tracks cannot be switched, musicbee freezes. If there is at least a desire to leave this plugin compatible with mb (the fact that there is no desire to develop it is understandable), something must be done. I can still use bassenc.dll 2.4.14 from the previous version mb.