Author Topic: Error when read directory  (Read 1099 times)

Fox63

When you enter your computer and try to read files directly from the directory.
computer
      disk C:
           Music folder
                File folder

MusicBee v3.5.8306.32075D  (Win10.0), 30 set 2022 10:56:

System.NullReferenceException: Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto.
   in MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.panel_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   in #=zbJc9lwoXjhntRL0A7YT_sNc=.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs #=zXbqMvDk=)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   in #=zpcLx4VImFjhJos7$w$NJBvQ=.WndProc(Message& #=z6t_jr_E=)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

phred

• Global Moderator
One of your plugins is causing the error. Disable all plugins via Preferences > Plugins and close MB. Launch MB and see if the issue reoccurs. If not, then re-enable one plugin at a time, checking to reproduce the issue and each plugin is enabled. Once the error occurs, you've found the plugin that's causing it. Then post the error message on the thread for that plugin so the developer can take a look at the issue.

If you're using the DLNA/UPNP plugin, I would disable -and- uninstall it before doing anything else as that has a history of issues - mostly severe memory use causing the PC to lock up.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Fox63

One of your plugins is causing the error. Disable all plugins via Preferences > Plugins and close MB. Launch MB and see if the issue reoccurs. If not, then re-enable one plugin at a time, checking to reproduce the issue and each plugin is enabled. Once the error occurs, you've found the plugin that's causing it. Then post the error message on the thread for that plugin so the developer can take a look at the issue.

If you're using the DLNA/UPNP plugin, I would disable -and- uninstall it before doing anything else as that has a history of issues - mostly severe memory use causing the PC to lock up.

Thank you for your help. This is probably the case. In fact I had installed a plug in for testing, but I no longer remembered, almost certainly it was that. But I can't know immediately because closing and reopening musicbee the error disappeared without disabling any plug in.
In any case I have disabled all plugins except discogs and addition taggin tool which are the only ones that are useful for me.
Thanks again.

phred

• Global Moderator
You're welcome.

I suggest uninstalling all the plugins that you aren't using any longer. You can always reinstall them again if you later decide they will be useful.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

I suggest uninstalling all the plugins that you aren't using any longer. You can always reinstall them again if you later decide they will be useful.
or just disabling them is sufficient

phred

• Global Moderator
or just disabling them is sufficient
That depends on which ones. The DLNA/UPNP plugin has been known to cause massive memory leaks just by being installed and not used. I don't know of any others with this issue. Since the OP hasn't stated what other plugins they have, I suggested all of them be uninstalled.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki