Author Topic: Blow Up on Mouse Hover  (Read 1896 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Occasionally I like to see my artwork (album covers, artist pictures) full size. I've used some software that allows the user to hover mouse and it opens in a full-size window. I'm thinking specifically of XYplorer (a Windows file manager) where I can mouse hover on the filename or the file's icon and the image opens full size.

Could something similar be implemented for MB in all places where artwork exists? I.e. tag editor, album cover panel (playing and selected), album and tracks view, album view, etc.

I admit this sounds like it could be exceedingly complex to implement. Probably need some sort of image rendering engine.

XYplorer: hover over jpg icon...

Opens up full size window with file information at bottom:

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
I admit this sounds like it could be exceedingly complex to implement. Probably need some sort of image rendering engine.
Not really. .NET will handle image decoding for you.

The harder part would be working out an appropriate implementation for it, given it wouldn't be ideal to have large images popping up all over the place unexpectedly.
It's one thing for a file manager with a clearly defined trigger area but in MusicBee, in the Album Cover view for example, 90% of the screen becomes a hotspot. More often than not, you'd have to move your mouse away from a thumbnail image so as to not trigger the full-size artwork view.

This means at the very least it should be an optional setting, ideally with a configurable delay time needed to hover on an image before displaying the full-size image.
Bee excellent to each other...

aktor

it would be an excellent feature in music explorer. If you hover over artist picture it would pop up artist bio and if you hover over album picture it would blow cover up with basic info under like title, year and publisher.

vzell

+1 .... maybe holding the CTRL key when hovering over a picture

phred

• Global Moderator
@Zak- good point(s) which I hadn't considered.

@vzell- excellent idea that would prevent random pop-ups when hovering over the art.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ThY

Yes it should be optional or at least requires an additional key like Ctrl or Alt because there is nothing worse than unwanted pop up when hovering with the mouse.
Like those websites with menus and submenus opening like Hell when you just wanted to reach your web navigator's tabs.