Author Topic: Preview script  (Read 1118 times)

Fox63

Lately when I press preview to see how the script works it gives me this error:

MusicBee v3.5.8302.32782D  (Win10.0), 26 set 2022 15:48:

System.NullReferenceException: Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto.
   in #=zO72J3kZoLsNEeo_UMTfwo3vB$lHp.#=ziD7n$tDQ8bjYhKaj3A==(#=zM5Hqakmecs8g_f7ub95BxHo= #=z7lFa7Z0=)
   in #=zCKjmMXWyWay6YHSkqDAtrn5qWxTx.#=zro9c_G8AsjD6(Boolean #=z2ugPaJc=)
   in #=zCKjmMXWyWay6YHSkqDAtrn5qWxTx.#=zeJPjgfCxuthd(Object #=zchDuzIw=, EventArgs #=zAfY5uqY=)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   in #=z7lB0z36tz7Z38_48HfNJCEo=.OnClick(EventArgs #=zAfY5uqY=)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

phred

• Global Moderator
What script are you running?
MB does not have any native/built-in scripts that I'm aware of, so this issue should be posted in the thread for whatever script you're using.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I think they might be referring to the preview button in the virtual tag template editor.
Do you get the same error with every/any formula that you try out? (if it's just that one, post it here)
And in which tab or panel are you accessing the template editor from?

I myself have been lazy to report that the virtual tag template editor in the Now Playing configuration panel also produces an error upon clicking on preview.
And it appears to be the same as the one you got.

Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
And in which tab or panel are you accessing the template editor from?
Turns out it's not just the Now Playing configuration panel.
All the tabs/nodes below are giving me the error reported by Fox63 when I try to preview virtual tag results in the template editor:

Now Playing
Music Explorer
Radio
Auto DJ
Soundcloud Search
Upcoming Releases
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

Fox63

What script are you running?
MB does not have any native/built-in scripts that I'm aware of, so this issue should be posted in the thread for whatever script you're using.

Excuse me, but the script I created has nothing to do with it but it always does it with any virtual field, even if then closing the virtual fields panel the script works normally.
I take advantage of it to report that closing musicbee and reopening it the error disappears.
I noticed that other errors, maybe it is the same error, occur under certain conditions and then do not repeat themselves, closing and reopening the program or following other paths.
They are those errors that are cursed for programmers because they are not easy to solve.

Steven

• Administrator
This should fix the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thank you Steven. Can confirm all is working fine on my side now.

Fox63

Thanks, I confirm that everything is working fine now.