Author Topic: Option for multiple (interval based) .bak files of the MusicBeeLibrary file ?  (Read 1687 times)

alec.tron

Hi,
I couldn't find anything like that - but the single
MusicBeeLibrary.bak
just saved me a fair bit of issues that would have been very time consuming to fix. By relying on this, I notice like there's only 1 file of this - so I was lucky I noticed the issue early enough...

So as a question if it exists (?) or if not - would be great if this could be moved to the wishlist forum (?):
I'd love to have an option to keep the last 5 - 10 versions of the  MusicBeeLibrary.bak file ... i.e. even better if the time incremental intervals of the kept backup were configurable (i.e. keep either daily, weekly or monthly backups).

Just a thought ;)
Churs.
c.

phred

• Global Moderator
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think this would be easy to set up yourself using Windows' Task Scheduler to run a a FreeFileSync batch operation on your preferred backup schedule.
Bee excellent to each other...

phred

• Global Moderator
I think this would be easy to set up yourself using Windows' Task Scheduler to run a a FreeFileSync batch operation on your preferred backup schedule.
That's a great point, Zak. No point for Steven to invest any time with this as FreeFileSync, SyncBackFree, and a host of others can take care of it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here