Author Topic: Global Media Keys dont work Globally  (Read 1361 times)

FenFox

When I press the media keys on my keyboard, they only work when music bee is focused. I checked the keyboard shortcuts, and it is supposed to be global, yet whenever anything is focused besides music bee, the media keys don't do anything.

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
What keyboard are you using?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

FenFox

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
What keyboard are you using?

im using musicbee 3.5.8150 P, installed as portable, using a havit kb389l rgb gaming combo keyboard.
Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 04:32:27 PM by FenFox

Steven

• Administrator
I have heard other people say the same but apart from implementing a very low level windows api, i dont know an easy way to solve this. So unfortunately it will remain unsolved for MusicBee

aktor

I have similar problem. I have musicbee set to use wasapi exclusive to DAC and windows sound goes through directsounds to speakers. In musicbee volume media key don't work and can't be programmable with hotkey.

hiccup

I think it should be possible to use AHK (AutoHotKey) to get this to work.
But it's probably not going to be very easy to make AHK detect the inactive MusicBee window and send commands to it.
(I briefly gave it a shot, but I failed)

FenFox

I think it should be possible to use AHK (AutoHotKey) to get this to work.
But it's probably not going to be very easy to make AHK detect the inactive MusicBee window and send commands to it.
(I briefly gave it a shot, but I failed)

i mean, im pretty experienced with ahk actually but was hoping i wouldn't have to resort to that. :P