Author Topic: Synchronized files do not show up in Android phone  (Read 1846 times)

Dice

Good day!

I've checked some of the forums, I haven't seen this problem posted.

I have obtained by music files by stripping the video from the audio as per [website link deleted by moderator] thereby obtaining free music - or at least I don't have to pay for a digital copy ( already have the cassette, a vinyl record or a CD.).

When I use Music Bee to synch music files to my Android phone and receive a "synchronized success" message I open my phone to discover that some files are not showing.
1. The Album might not appear
2. The Album appears but only some, not all, files in it appear.

I am sure there are other missing files, it's not reasonable to check the 1400+ files one by one. As such there will be other errors. Synchronization either works or it doesn't and if there is 1 discovered error there will be more. As such I cannot trust this process.

Here's the thing: I don't care for the tags, album art etc. I just want the filename and the music COPIED!  Could I strip out the hyphenated filename tags using a bulk rename utility ( https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ ) and use Windows Explorer V10 to simply drag and drop the files I want into the phone's music directory?

Thoughts?
Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 10:09:01 PM by phred

phred

• Global Moderator
Here's the thing: I don't care for the tags, album art etc. I just want the filename and the music COPIED!  Could I strip out the hyphenated filename tags using a bulk rename utility ( https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ ) and use Windows Explorer V10 to simply drag and drop the files I want into the phone's music directory?
We frown upon listing websites that promote getting copyrighted music for free. I have removed it from your post.

Note that MB is a music -manager- first and a then a music player. Having your music properly tagged is integral to making use of all MB has to offer. If you don't want to tag your music, that's fine. But MB will not give you all that it can. And may be part of the reason your files aren't syncing properly.

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
How are you syncing? (USB wired, WiFi)

As for the bulk rename utility you mentioned, I've been using it for years and it never failed me.
Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 10:13:25 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dice

Sorry for the late response.

At one time or another I purchased all these songs, though not in lossless digital form.

Version 3.4.8033 (no letters)
It was installed from the web.
Synching via USB.

I have some knowledge with editing tags. But my music directories have become fubard over time, some files are in Album directories under the artist name, some files have been stripped of tags in the filename and sit in their own directory.

EDIT
This is one file that DOES NOT SHOW UP IN MY PHONE BUT IS RECORDED AS BEING COPIED:
\Music Bee\Music\Aerosmith\Pump\09 The Other Side

Tag info from "Mp3tag v3/17"
09 The Other Side
ID3v2.3 ERROR: parse error (ID3v1 ID3v2.3 APEv2)
Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 05:06:41 PM by Dice

phred

• Global Moderator
This is one file that CANNOT be copied:
\Music Bee\Music\Aerosmith\Pump\09 The Other Side
Might the file be 'read-only'?

Tag info from "Mp3tag v3/17"
09 The Other Side
ID3v2.3 ERROR: parse error (ID3v1 ID3v2.3 APEv2)
What format are the tags?
It seems that perhaps the file is corrupt.
Try running it through MP3DIAGS to see if it can fix the issue.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dice

I slightly edited my post above. Earlier I had said the file was not copied, this is not so. MusicBee's synchronization process says the file is copied but it never appears in my phone's music player (PI Music). It does not appear under the album, it does not appear as a track. However if I open that phone's target directory I can see the file is there.

There are other files with no tag problems but they don't appear either. AS such it is not a tag problem.

I will run this  "MP3DIAGS" program and get back to you. Please don't respond until then. Thank you.
Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 05:24:55 PM by Dice

BoringName

However if I open that phone's target directory I can see the file is there.

I think that rules out it being a MusicBee issue. Sounds like an issue with your player of choice on the phone.