Author Topic: Audio playback keeps interrupting  (Read 387 times)

Ayemdee

So I've been using MusicBee for about three years now and I've never had this problem until today, for some reason the music will start to stop and lag a bunch, stopping the song completely, almost as if MusicBee itself is lagging.

I checked to see if this question had been asked before and the previous answers had all yielded no results. When trying to change audio output from WASAPI to DirectSound I would get this error:

MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 21 Sep 2022 7:30:

#=zwrgNoLNlkIOD5iapXT6kOfaadsyr: Exception of type '#=zwrgNoLNlkIOD5iapXT6kOfaadsyr' was thrown.
   at #=zvdBYoCZ3OPgYgWdtuuWLLa0=.#=zuoaYxQnpbTka(Boolean #=zbHTOuDoG36dL, #=zXJGqt9IPeRXTFPVKfAci7bo= #=zqxZjFOe7U6I0, Int32 #=ze0_J_PhjwPD64kI4kA==)
   at #=zvdBYoCZ3OPgYgWdtuuWLLa0=.#=z6MshHRGfRFNQCV_9Pg==(#=zKJM2Z6mnT6u$1Pm5b4clkAFRYoVI #=z0pwteIs=, String #=zf3yhbEqowI6BuUUOSg==, #=zqTU3nglKnwb8VWp94Q== #=zZaAOWv5UX8_Ra_SATg==, Int32 #=zdiRkzz4lFsgP, String #=z_dUv_pI=)
   at #=zDjNtZbNgrPlI3Aq2jtWOLRJDk0Lq.#=zLsLvfiEFzaYD()
   at #=zDjNtZbNgrPlI3Aq2jtWOLRJDk0Lq.#=zmYzNHzQ=()
   at #=zCsBJSsLHS6ktQJvE95asepw=.#=zAKJTN6XO$6v2()

And I have also made sure that my audio drivers are up to date, as I keep getting the message:
The sound output device has locked up and playback cannot continue. You will need to restart MusicBee.

I have restarted MusicBee & my computer a few times, and I've even went as far as a hard wipe of MusicBee itself, after a redownload I'm experiencing the same issues, wondering if someone could help as I use MusicBee on a daily basis

phred

• Global Moderator
First try increasing the playback buffer. Preferences > Player > sound device > increase buffer size. I suggest between five and ten seconds. Start with five.

I'd also suggest updating to the latest 3.5 version available from the first forum topic. Once that's installed, install the latest patch from my signature below. Both will install directly over your current installation and you will not lose any settings.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Ayemdee

So I just wanted to update, thank you for the help but the issue ended up being on my Hard Drive's side. It just completely bricked on me so I had to go get a new one, thanks anyways!