Author Topic: How does MusicBee scrape lyrics? Why is it not pulling lyrics from my #1 site?  (Read 2040 times)

belomeclone

I've been noticing a LOT of poor lyrics being pulled from the lower tier sites. I'd like to turn these sites off and just use a site like Genius, but MusicBee doesn't seem to find the songs on Genius - even though they are there. How is this working exactly? There's nothing unusual in the band or the song that would keep it from being found.

These lower tier sites all copy each others incorrect lyrics and it's just stupid.I know Genius said Google stole lyrics from their site so maybe Genius just is preventing anyone from accessing them for scraping lyrics.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Try the Lyrics Reloaded plug-in which should do a better job out of the box, and is more configurable if required:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25406.0
Bee excellent to each other...

sveakul

@belomeclone:  After acquiring the plugin at the link supplied by Zak, you would benefit by reading carefully through the latest few pages of posts there and especially the ones that supply new code for yml files to be used with the plugin as described in that forum.  I am currently pulling lyrics all day long from Genius with the latest yml code, as well as from A-Z Lyrics Universe and MusicMatch.  If you need help, please post on the plugin's thread.

belomeclone

Thank you both! The issue has been resolved. I really appreciate your help and how helpful the MusicBee forums have been in general.  ;D (I hope that is an appreciative face!)

phred

• Global Moderator
The issue has been resolved.
So that other new users coming across this thread will know, please tell how was the issue resolved.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Redearth

@belomeclone and anyone else interested in using Genius as their primary lyrics provider, I would highly recommend the new and vastly superior Beenius lyrics plugin:
https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/453/beenius/

It's an up-to-date plugin that connects directly to Genius instead of parsing webpages, so there's no additional code file you have to manually install and keep-=up-to-date. You literally just install the plugin, select Beenius as your lyrics provider in Musicbee, and it works.
Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 11:13:34 AM by Redearth