Author Topic: Artwork changing when dragging and dropping or copying  (Read 536 times)

tosmcgee

My problem has just started happening
note this is all in the same organised library as far as i can make out
I have several images in some mp3 files they are embedded in the mp3 files themselves by copy and paste method
there has been no problem until yesterday all images stayed put with no changes
I have to drag and drop or copy them to new (windows explorer folders) and the primary image, sometime the second image changes

The setting i have in preferences are:
Tags  (1) Artwork
embed picture in the music file is ticked
copy picture to folder.jpg is not ticked
copy to the same folder as the music file and name as: is not ticked but Cover.* is in the selection underneath that
Set which pictures are displayed: is set at 1: Embedded

Tags (2) Artwork
the selection is 1. fanart.com; 2. iTunes Store; 3. bing
auto-retrieve missing artwork for the playing track is not ticked
and save without prompt is not ticked
apply image size filter is not ticked and the selection for px is greyed out

I have two mp3 files i can try a test on on embedding images and rechecking
the original Bob Dylan track has 8 images
the original Lynyrd Skynrnrd track has 12 images
I have checked the images are right in both tracks and updated by copy and paste if wrong
first track - Bob Dylan second image i have have copied and pasted to the track via music bee's edit mode
second track - Lynyrd Skynrd primary image i have copied and pasted to the track via music bee's edit mode

The result on the original files
The original bob dylan track's second image has changed to the lynryd skynrd's track newly pasted primary image
The original Lynyrd Skynrnrd track all images are correct
I have double checked original tracks in the same folder
out of 17 tracks 14 have the lynrynd skynrd image (the last pasted image) is embedded somewhere most of which are the last image
1 actually has the first bob dylan pasted image as the second embedded image

So that looks like the original files are changing by taking (perhaps) the last pasted image if i edit the track later

I have an original led zeppelin file with seven images in another folder and there are no changes to it and
I dragged and dropped (copying) that to a second folder with four other tracks in it (no damage was done to the other tracks or the led zeppelin track

I have gone back to the original folder and dragged (copying) and dropped a track to that third folder and the bob dylan image is the last image on the copied image

I think that is as much info as i can give  at the minute can someone guide me

Tos McGee

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Not sure I have the entire picture of what's going on, but it sounds to me like you are reporting a strange bug.

first track - Bob Dylan second image i have have copied and pasted to the track via music bee's edit mode
second track - Lynyrd Skynrd primary image i have copied and pasted to the track via music bee's edit mode

The result on the original files
The original bob dylan track's second image has changed to the lynryd skynrd's track newly pasted primary image
The original Lynyrd Skynrnrd track all images are correct
I have double checked original tracks in the same folder
out of 17 tracks 14 have the lynrynd skynrd image (the last pasted image) is embedded somewhere most of which are the last image
1 actually has the first bob dylan pasted image as the second embedded image
You embedded an image by copying & pasting it to one song, and the result was that some of the album songs (14/17) got that same image embedded to them as well.
Have I got that right? Is that what's going on?

I'm not sure how that would happen if you were editing a single track at a time.
Is this still happening when you try it out now?
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

Steven

• Administrator
Can you try using v3.5 which is available from the first forum topic. There was some code that intentionally embedded a pasted picture in other files from the same album but I cant find it and have a vague recollection it was removed.
If it still happens can you provide the exact steps, one by one, on you are adding the artwork
Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 12:27:43 AM by Steven