Author Topic: Out of Memory Error  (Read 1214 times)

bruhuff

I was importing last played/likes from itunes to MB when this error occurred.  The message said to report it here.  I tried twice and same error occurred.

MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 16 Sep 2022 23:31:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Add(T item)
   at #=z7RDhrfQIzBnueIUSJfh$T04=.#=z_TV$WTQ=.#=zDXhD8NTeMEQQLPtl0g==(#=zqTU3nglKnwb8VWp94Q== #=z$2c_6RE3LV6$, List`1& #=zgJymtQ8=, List`1& #=zYDMgeco5H5uxE_gJGA==)
   at #=z7RDhrfQIzBnueIUSJfh$T04=.#=z_TV$WTQ=.#=zBwkoK5oQx_hVSW9dY89U2fE=(#=zqTU3nglKnwb8VWp94Q== #=zsZbkpNZnf8Zq6TuwCA==, Boolean #=zMESjXyMaUCid, Boolean #=zngXm96D9uCQf, Boolean #=z1kVuWt$JVCOrfxwssg==)
   at #=zcQW4n6b6u4wCjJPdIGkePYAFIv2u.#=zb$EmuXye4ug7()

bruhuff

Hi Steve:
I went to the link and this is what I got:

MediaFire
MY ACCOUNT
Something appears to be missing…
The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

bruhuff

Thanks All:
I downloaded and move editbin.exe to MB directory and entered the command line entry.  The two shots show the exe location, and two attempts on the cmd line, the second based on the message listed in the first.  Any suggestions?

Here's the link
https://imgur.com/a/5hedHlk

sveakul

The other two files in the zip, link.exe and tbbmalloc.dll, need to be moved into the MB folder also.

sveakul

Works fine here every time but I have the Portable edition and run the command from an Administrative command prompt window, not Powershell.  Try copying MusicBee.exe and the 3 editbin files to a non-system folder like c:\test, open a Command Prompt (Admin.) in that folder, and run editbin from there.  Then, copy the MusicBee.exe back to its original folder, overwriting the existing one.  If that doesn't work for you I don't have any more ideas.

bruhuff

Thanks again for your ideas.  I did what you suggested, still failed, but then took the alternative syntax (boxed), and it seemed work (see attached).  I  backed up the existing .exe   before moving the test .exe into the program directory and it seems ok. I don't know powershell, but the file modified date and file size were the same, so don't know if there was really an update to this parameter).  In any case, I won't be needing the itunes import of play dates for a few weeks, but will post if I  get the original out of memory message   that started this post.  Until then, cheers.

https://imgur.com/a/Gc3MkTd

sveakul

OK I think you've been dealing with Windows permissions issues after you got all the files in place--check your modified file with Wumpbin (see last part of the memory thread) to confirm the Large Address Aware status "took."  Remember that every time you update MB with a patch etc. you will need to re-run editbin on the new MusicBee.exe.

bruhuff

I ran an itunes import to MB with a large xml file (1.7gb) and it worked fine (ran for nine hours).  I'm set.  I'll save this post in case I forget the process when the next MB release comes out.  Again, thanks for your help!

bruhuff

*Resuming this thread*
Per above posts, I was able to use the EDLIN patch to solve an iTunes import problem with out-of-memory errors.  However, there were problems with "Unable to save the Library Database" errors and reverted back to a native, unpatched musicbee.exe.
However, I now am getting out-of-memory errors when doing File Scans on the entire database that I can't avoid with some sort of workaround.  I applied the same EDLIN patch and  it solved the problem of getting through the entire scan and updating the in-memory MDB file.  But now, the "Unable to save the Library Database" error has re-surfaced when I close MB.  I've gone through a number of MB forum posts, and based on these, I've:
..Disabled Norton and still get the same error.
..Through File Explorer, changed the Read Only to unchecked and get the same result.  For some reason, the Read Only attribute is re-checked each time I start File Explorer up again.
..Started MB as administrator and same result.
The only new variable causing the "Unable to Save" popping up is when I apply the EDLIN patch.  I am really stuck with recovering mp3 files in the MDB file that were detached during the intial File Scan that failed.
Ideas?