Author Topic: Customizing the Edit screen  (Read 938 times)

nbear5

How can I change or move the tags in the edit screen for the album info

Current setting has

The following to the Left in Tags

Track Title
Artist
Album
('I'd like to add a sub album for boxsets that have multiple albums in them so the name of the specific disc is in the file example the Aerosmith Box of Fire had all their Columbia albums in it but I would like to have them all in the Music be as Box of Fire but also show what specific Album it is when it is playing/ or being edited The New Judas Priest Boxset has 42 CDs and I love to be able to put the title of each disc in and have them stored under the boxset as a set)
Album Artist
Publisher
Year                             Tracks  of
 (I'd like to add a same year box here labeled Reissue Year the same size and functions the same as the year box above in regards to date entry )                                Disc of

The Following To The Right

Composer
Conductor (I'd like to move conductor to tags two and change this to be the UPS code that I have as a tag on Tags 2)
Genre
Grouping (This could be UPS code or Sub Album)
Track Rating     Album Rating
Comments

Thank
Kevin Moser

My email is [email protected] I can't seem to play nice with the internal Musicbee board I can send some screen shots

phred

• Global Moderator
How can I change or move the tags in the edit screen for the album info
You can't.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
As phred mentioned, you cannot rearrange the tag order in the Tag Editor pop up.
But you can, however, do so with the Vertical Tag Editor panel - you would first have to enable it from view > arrange panels.
The source code to any of my contributions is available on the same download link as the add-ons

phred

• Global Moderator
Having never used the vertical tag editor, I didn't know one can choose the tags to be displayed.
Thanks Mayibongwe.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

nbear5

Thank you both for the info I love the Musicbee database I've been using it for a few years now. I have a large about 14,000 cd collection and was struggling for a database that worked with one that large.

I must be running an older version of Musicbee as I don't have that option when I get in that function. Looks like I am running 3.06335 where do I find the most updated version? I'll have to find the updates and upload that then try'

I also having such a large collection I have to supply a list to my insurance company. I'm looking for an easy way to download the Musicbee database info into an excel sheet so I can provide that to my insurance company.

Thank You Kevin

phred

• Global Moderator
I must be running an older version of Musicbee as I don't have that option when I get in that function. Looks like I am running 3.06335 where do I find the most updated version?
The 3.0 series is from 2016.
I'd like to suggest to you and all others, that before you report a bug, or ask a question, please update to the latest version. The latest version can always be found in the first forum topic (Latest Version -duh!) and the latest patch update can be found in my signature.

I suggest you download v3.5 and then apply the patch. Of course this assumes you're not using the MS Store version, which can't be updated or patched until Steven issues a new Store release.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

nbear5

Glad to say I've not had any bugs with Musicbee so just got to a point with cleaning up my data that I was looking for some options in the setup After I back up my data I'll look at loading the updated version

I put a separate post up about the excel file for my insurance company

boroda

I put a separate post up about the excel file for my insurance company
try this plugin, "library reports" command. if you have any questions about this plugin, post them here.