Author Topic: Need help migrating iTunes library to MusicBee  (Read 392 times)

Emvadraen

Hello everyone,

I have an old hard drive with a backup of an old iTunes library.

Been using streaming services for a while, but I want to get back to use this library and keep adding files to it.

I installed MusicBee as a substitute to iTunes because I don't own a mac anymore. After installation, I managed to scan the hard disk and now MusicBee plays all the files, which is nice.

The problem is I want to add new files to this library now. I guess I was spoiled by iTunes back in the day, because it would make a copy of every file in its folders. MusicBee only seems to scan for things, so files remain scattered throughout my computer. This is something I don't want. I'd like to keep everything organised in just one big folder.

Is there any way to set up MusicBee in such a way that it emulates what iTunes used to do and I can get back to add files automatically to the D:\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music folder?

Hope I was clear enough, sorry for my bad English and thank you for your patience.

boroda

to manually organize music files (i would recommend periodic manual organization): select all tracks (ctrl+a) tools> organize files
to auto-organize music files: edit> prefs> library> auto-organize media files

Emvadraen

Thank you for your reply.

What do I do now? I'm scared of making mistakes, we're talking about more than 100GB worth of music.

boroda

change "on drive" from c:\ to d:\ for "music" (if you want your tracks to be located on d:).

"to folder" will be the root folder for your music. define it as you wish.

"naming template" is folder structure (inside music root folder) based on track tags. suggest you leave it as is.

check new filenames in "new filename" column (after changing "on drive" field).