Author Topic: Artwork Downloader Issues in Inbox  (Read 528 times)

glimpsefamerule

I'm using Win 10, MusicBee 3.5.8150

I noticed that, when I change the album name of music files after adding them to the inbox, it doesn't change the temp folder that the files are kept in, and the Artwork Downloader applies the new artwork to the entire folder (the album as added, before changing some album names), rather than just the applicable album. I suppose this is because the artwork system functions at a folder level.

I haven't tested whether converting the files to my preferred codec/bitrate AFTER changing the album name places them in a new temp folder in the inbox. For now, I have been waiting until I send the files to my library before running the Artwork Downloader, but I would prefer to finish prettying up the files in the inbox.

Steven

• Administrator
I am not certain what you are saying but it sounds like you have a couple of misunderstandings.
Files in the Inbox are not auto-organised when you change album name or any other tag. Only files in the Music/Audiobook Libraries are.
If you downloaded the artwork into a shared folder then all files in that folder will show the picture depending on the settings you use in Preferences/ Tags(1)/ artwork

glimpsefamerule

Gotcha, makes sense! I'll have to play around in that section of settings, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

The reason I had put this under Bug Reports is that the default Artwork settings don't play nice with files in the Inbox, but your explanation makes sense.