Author Topic: Centrol Dark + Centrol Light — High DPI bitmap skin with centered media controls  (Read 17696 times)

T010

Proudly presenting Centrol Dark + Light, a bitmap skin in two color tones, with centered media controls. An accompanying toolbar icon set is in development.

Please consider this a Beta release, if you find any visual bugs please post your findings, preferably with a screenshot of your MusicBee layout.

Tip: Use MusicBee's built-in automatic Time Of Day skin switcher setting to alternate between dark and light versions throughout your day.

Edit March 23, 2023
Now also available as Black version!

Download:
Centrol Light / Centrol Dark / Centrol Black

Download panel layout file:
Layout

Credits to diego and mvana for providing their skin source files; credits to phosphoricons.com for their icon set.

Download:
Centrol Light / Centrol Dark / Centrol Black
Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 12:34:23 PM by T010

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I've only tested the dark skin and I really like the look of it.
Thanks for sharing. A couple of comments:

Don't know if it's just me but there appears to be a transparent line just above the tab headers in the tag editor.
I think it may be a result of a missing element in your xml file - TagEditorPanel.MenuLine.

If you'll want to get rid of the two white borders below, I believe you'll have to provide the unknown artist image at 135x135.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

MCDoubleDefDP

I love the Dark version. However, I did find what I'm assuming is a visual bug because it doesn't look good in my opinion, and is only present in the Dark version, not Light. The column browser in the Dark mode has a red outline.

T010

Thanks for your feedback so far. There are indeed some debug colors in the skin for code elements I could not understand which part of the interface they impact. Hence the beta label; updates will be available soon

T010

Updated Dark and Light versions are available through the same download link. If you find more bugs, let me know.

missing element in your xml file - TagEditorPanel.MenuLine.
Fixed

provide the unknown artist image at 135x135
Tried but it didn't fix the outline

column browser in the Dark mode has a red outline
Fixed

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
The transparent line is indeed gone, thanks.

Tried but it didn't fix the outline.
I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Does the image have transparent edges (or anything not a solid colour in that area)?
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

T010

It's a solid color all around, and the borders I see are not as pronounced as yours. The brightness of the edges also slightly vary as you change the slider for the cover display size. I'd guess it's a rendering issue, not a source file issue.

This is what I see using a 135x135 image:

Edit:

In the Music Explorer "Profile" section, the borders are visibly different from the other views:

Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 07:37:30 PM by T010

umitseyhan

Great looking skin, can you share the panel layout that is been shown on the pictures?