I'm having trouble reloading flac tags after modifying them outside of MusicBee. Here's what I'm doing:
1. load flac file in musicbee
2. edit on linux fileserver, update title using metaflac
3. right-click on file, Send To > File Rescan
4. ... nothing, file isn't reloaded and old metadata still used in edit window and playlists
It seems like there's an internal cache of this metadata somewhere, and file rescan isn't updating that cache. Is there a way to clear/force refresh this data apart from File Rescan?
I have found a way to force a refresh, but it only works for one file at a time, and I need to do this a few hundred times. I have no idea why this works:
1. right-click on file, Edit
2. open tag inspector
3. (correct new/edited tags from the file are shown in tag inspector)
4. select last tag, move up (if other tags exist) or make minor edit so "Save" button is enabled
5. click save
6. metadata is properly refreshed, shows updated values in playlists and "tags" tabs from edit window
Any ideas? Seems like File Rescan is the proper way to do what I want to do, but is having an issue.