Author Topic: Need smart person's help with filtering/playlist logic  (Read 274 times)

Skillful Baker

Greetings, Long-time user, short-time forum member here.

I've been noodling on this problem for a couple of weeks, so I'm turning to the forum for help.

I have a situation where a previous music player left off some files when calculating Album ReplayGain. (MusicBee is far superior, thank you, dev.)

There's a thousand or so albums that have only one or two songs with Album ReplayGain and the rest of the tracks on the album have an empty Album Gain field. I would like to rescan those albums again to get an accurate Album Gain adjustment (without rescanning the entire library). It's time-consuming to select each file individually, go to the full album and scan. I'd like to do it all at once or in batches.

I know how to filter to find songs and albums with or without ReplayGain. What I can't figure out is the next step: Can MusicBee take those files with Album Gain and give me a playlist that includes the remaining album tracks with no gain? Then I could run volume analysis on that whole list, or portions of it, to complete this task more quickly. I've tried various configurations of virtual tags and worked with filtering playlists. I've also gone through the additional tagging plug-in. I always end up with a list of only the analyzed or unanalyzed tracks; I can't seem to get the additional album tracks included. I imagine there's a way to accomplish this, but with my limited computer logic skills, all this trial and error has me at a loss.

Hope I've explained this well enough. Thanks for reading and for any advice. Happy to provide more details.

hiccup

Welcome to the forum Skillful Baker

- set the main panel to Album Covers view
- at the searchbar in the top right, set Search Results > Always show the entire album
- use Custom Search to find tracks that have no value for Track Gain
- select all albums, right click to create a playlist containing them all

Skillful Baker

hiccup ... hero member is an apt description! Thank you. I knew there had to be a way ... MusicBee is just too good. All this time, I never saw those functions under the search bar. Much appreciated.