Author Topic: <Album Complete?> Data  (Read 538 times)

MusicMee

Hi,

I have a script that I swear was working correctly at some point but it appears I have broken it and I am not sure how to fix it. I have the below script embedded in a larger custom tag:

$If(<Album Complete?>="Y",<Album Track Count>,<Album Track Count>/<Track Count>) Tracks

the goal of the tag:
- If the album is complete (ie all tracks are accounted for) it should display something like "31 Tracks": <total number of album tracks available> Tracks
- If the album is NOT complete (ie there are more or less tracks than expected) it should display something like "30/31 Tracks": <total number of album tracks available>/<total number of album tracks expected> Tracks

The problem seems to lie in: <Album Track Count>/<Track Count>

The <Track Count> does not give me the total expected track count of multi-disc albums. It only seems to account for the first disc.

So If I have a 2 disc set where the first discs looks like this:
TRACKNUMBER=<1-16> TRACKTOTAL=16 DISCNUMBER=1 DISCTOTAL=2
and the second like this:
TRACKNUMBER=<1-15> TRACKTOTAL=15 DISCNUMBER=2 DISCTOTAL=2

"31 Tracks" is displayed

But if i delete track 3 of disc 2 i get: "30/16 Tracks"

ie only the TRACKTOTAL of DISCNUMBER=1 is accounted for...

Long story short - I am trying to display the <expected track count> that <Album Complete?> is using to determine if a album is complete or not and <Track Count> doesn't appear to be it...

Hopefully I have explained that clearly enough. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 07:29:41 PM by MusicMee

phred

• Global Moderator
I can't help with the RegEx but I'm curious as to how MB knows if an album is complete or not? Are you manually entering the number of tracks that a complete album should have?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MusicMee

Hi Phred,

All of my albums are flac and have:
TRACKNUMBER
TRACKTOTAL
DISCNUMBER
DISCTOTAL

tags. MusicBee reads all 4 and I suspect uses them to determine if an <Album Complete?>
Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 02:30:05 PM by MusicMee

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks. I had completely forgotten about the "total" tags being available.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Do you perhaps have set Disc# in Preferences > Sorting/Grouping as a criterion to define an album?
And, have you rescanned the files (and perhaps restarted MB) during testing this?

MusicMee

Do you perhaps have set Disc# in Preferences > Sorting/Grouping as a criterion to define an album?

I haven't played with this section before, but now that it has my attention...  :)  Right now it is set to what I assume are the defaults: the following fields define an album: 1. Album Artist 2. Album Name

And, have you rescanned the files (and perhaps restarted MB) during testing this?

Many times. I have rescanned the album more than once and I even removed the album from my library and rescanned it.  As far as restarting the app goes - I have restarted it countless times since discovering the issue.
Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 11:39:40 PM by MusicMee