Author Topic: MB Wifi Sync issue: "Server not found"  (Read 4470 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
The reason I think you are getting an error is the app expects the playlist folder to be a descendant of the music files folder.
This is not necessarily true. I have never had my (mobile) playlists folder under the music folder. I have playlists under the root. And do not have any issues syncing with the WiFi app. Note that this is with Android 12. But even when the phone updated from Android 11 to 12 there were no issues.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

BoringName

The reason I think you are getting an error is the app expects the playlist folder to be a descendant of the music files folder.
This is not necessarily true. I have never had my (mobile) playlists folder under the music folder. I have playlists under the root. And do not have any issues syncing with the WiFi app. Note that this is with Android 12. But even when the phone updated from Android 11 to 12 there were no issues.

Strange, I was just going by what the error stated. I could have a look through the code and see what it's specifically looking for but probably not worth the effort. I'm fairly sure if they change the location of the playlists folder it will fix it. If it doesn't I will dig a bit deeper.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm fairly sure if they change the location of the playlists folder it will fix it.
I agree. It should definitely not be in the GMMP folder.
Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 02:37:27 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

HannibAlBundy

Hi,

I was confused indeed.  I did set a folder "#Playlists" under "Music", changed the playlists path to "/Music/#Playlists" in the windows app, deleted all the playlists in "/gmmp/playlists", scanned the phone storage with GMMP, and it seems to work all fine.

Thanks a lot for everything  :D  :D  :D  :D