Author Topic: Duplicate tracks automatically removed upon importing playlist  (Read 582 times)

Treeds

Hi!
I recently upgraded my MusicBee to version 3.5.8249 and I'm having a bit of trouble adapting to a few of the changes, now everytime I import a playlist into MusicBee, all the duplicate tracks from that playlist are automatically gone and it's not really what I want, so I wanted to ask, is there a way I can import a playlist without having duplicates automatically removed like previous versions did?

Thank you so much

Steven

• Administrator
what steps do you take to import a playlist? and when you say import a playlist, do you mean add it to an existing playlist?
Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 05:16:04 AM by Steven

Treeds

So, when I edit my playlists I usually edit the amount of each track I want on excel, then save them to a notepad file saved .m3u
Then I use File > Playlists > Import Playlists... to add that file to MusicBee
The import works fine and tracks are added correctly, just not at the count that I chose like it used to be, but just one of each instead

this is what it looks like on notepad, it adds to the amount of 9653 tracks

and this is what it looks like after imported into musicbee with only one of each track

thanks a lot

phred

• Global Moderator
In Notepad it looks like you're adding the same track multiple times. Is that correct?
And you want multiple copies of the same track in the same playlist. Is that correct?

Why?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Treeds

Yes, that's correct.  It's just the way I listen to music, I add tracks multiple times depending on how much I like them, create a huge playlist and then shuffle them and listen to them for days

Steven

• Administrator

Treeds

it's solved, thank you, thank you so much, I really appreciate it ♥

Música

Yes, that's correct.  It's just the way I listen to music, I add tracks multiple times depending on how much I like them, create a huge playlist and then shuffle them and listen to them for days
Interesting strategy...

Great work, response, Sir Steven!