Author Topic: Texts in Main Panel on "Now Playing" tab flickering on Windows 11  (Read 478 times)

PWN3D_

I don't know what to add much than the title but sometimes only on my Windows 11 pc (working fine on 2 others pc on  WIndows 10), texts on the now playing tab, while a track is played, will flicker (turn invisible) for a few frames and the scrollbar will appears. It looks like it's only doing it if the text is long enough to need a scrollbar like in lyrics, .lrc files or long enough artist bios.

A good way to see that happens was to set the main panel on the Now Playing tab to Large Album, and put Lyrics or Artist Biography  to the Main Panel (Left or right side) and just play a song. It happens like 1 every 25-30 seconds.
Putting the lyrics to the Right sidebar doesn't trigger this bug, looks like it's related to the main panel only.

MusicBee ver. 3.5.8249 but this bug was also in 3.4, I just updated to see this was fixed

Steven

• Administrator
i do see a brief flicker that corresponds to when an album picture is rotated
This stops the flicker for my computer
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

PWN3D_

i do see a brief flicker that corresponds to when an album picture is rotated
This stops the flicker for my computer
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

That was exactly it. I had the image rotation on my W11 machine, and not on W10. I could reproduce the same behaviour by activating it on W10, so glad it's not OS related.

As for the patch, it indeed stop the flicker on all texts ( lrc, incoporated lyrics and biography) but I  would note that I still see the scrollbar briefly for a frame only when I play a track with .lrc synchronized when the album cover rotate.

Not a big deal for me as turning off image rotation does the trick so I'll just do that as I don't really need it in my case.

Thanks!
Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 07:59:26 PM by PWN3D_