Author Topic: Multiple duplicated album artwork on most tracks  (Read 4050 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
BTW just found that your solution only works for two or more tracks so is really helpful but will not solve the ones that are on their own.

Thanks

Hmm, you're right. For one-off tracks, your best bet might be to go into the artwork tab, mark the one you want to keep as primary (or just paste over the primary one), then spam the Delete button to remove the rest. Not a pretty solution, but it'll get the job done faster than having to click on every image in the artwork manager view.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Cliff232MB

Thanks, Hiccup, I had the latest version but found I missed out on the " before and after Artist and Album and needed a space between. Now it all works as advertised.  Great.

Cliff232MB

Psychadept,  Yeah spamming the delete button is the only way but as previously posted if you spam too fast then Musicbee completely freezes. I have singles with 280 odd duplicate images so it is a long job but doable now I have your fix for multiple tracks.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Just to confirm,  I have copied the New script to Notepad++, gone to save as, Called it 'New Script' and added the .mta extension, and changed the file type to All Files.
I have pasted this into Mp3tag-data-actions see screenshot 1 and all I still get are the 3 default actions see screenshot 2. I take it there should be a fourth option.
https://i.imgur.com/Yul3bAm.png
https://i.imgur.com/qh0hoOv.png
When you say I can still create the script but do it step by step, do you mean manually type it out with all the characters and spaces exactly as you have sent it, if so where exactly do I do this?

Many thanks

***Select one file that has duplicate artwork to test this***
To create an Action Group, open the Action groups pop-up and on the right side, click New. Name your new group and within this new pop-up window, select New on the right side again.
1) Your first Action with be Export cover to file. If all the duplicated covers are the exact same, then choose a filename for the cover to use (i.e. Front). No need to add the extension. You may select the other options if you feel they would be beneficial.
2) Your next new Action will be Remove fields and here you will type "PICTURE" (w/o the quotes)
3) Finally, Import cover from file and use the filename you typed in the first Action plus the JPG extension (i.e. Front.jpg)
Click Ok to save the Action group, then check it in the Action groups pop-up and click Apply. The artwork from this one file will be exported, the duplicates removed and then the single artwork imported back to the file.

If the results are satisfactory, run the Action group on all your files with duplicated artwork. If, by some chance, a mistake is made, you can CTRL + Z to undo the changes.

Cliff232MB

Great, all works fine, when the action has finished in mp3tag if you go to Musicbee-Rightclick the track-edit-Artwork tab you get an error message 'A picture is corrupted or no longer accessible' you just ok the message and click 'save' to complete the file and there is only one image remaining.

Thank you for coming back to me, really appreciate it.

Great forum guys.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Great, all works fine, when the action has finished in mp3tag if you go to Musicbee-Rightclick the track-edit-Artwork tab you get an error message 'A picture is corrupted or no longer accessible' you just ok the message and click 'save' to complete the file and there is only one image remaining.

Thank you for coming back to me, really appreciate it.

Great forum guys.

After you've run the Action group, rescan the files in MusicBee so the library updates the artwork.