Author Topic: Pinning autohide  (Read 3653 times)

sarashaw

I have created a modified version of landscape with buttons above the album art to open an autohide window for album art and lyrics and also relinked the now playing bar links to open the same window

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SA7x5HXojXvryUHM7

When i use allowPinning in the xml it brings up the little cross but I can never get the pin icon to appear - it simply force pins the window.  

Without allowPinning enabled the embedded window closes after a time that appears to be determined by the screensaver rotation interval

How do I get the little pin icon to appear so that I can choose to pin - say a song grabs my attention and I want to hold the lyrics to sing along ?  ???  :o

Also ( i asked elsewhere but possibly wrong place, what is syntax for multiple tags to display images as an "any/or" search)

Thx
Sara
Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:33:48 AM by sarashaw

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Found this: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6009.msg35029#msg35029
It looks like the pin icon will only appear on an autohide panel when autoOpenLyrics="true".
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

sarashaw

Thanks but sadly no joy - Photo shows how the panel is present but only the cross appears.

this is the code I am using  (with deliberate green/red and moved over on x to highlight for photo!)
Code
<autoHide name="#Lyrics" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-1500" y="100" width="281" heightDock="Panel" height="50" bg="250,000,255,000" fg="255,000,000" fg2="000,000,255" allowPinning="true" resizePictures="true">
<element name="#LyricsPanel"  type="Block"  xAnchor="Panel.52" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.43" y="0" align="Middle.Left" widthDock="Panel.Width.43" width="0" heightDock="Panel.Width.43" height="0"  bg="212,19,23,24" fg="180,180,180" fg2="200,200,200" disableHotPoint="false" allowPinning="true" resizePictures="false" />
<element type="Field" id="Title" xAnchor="#LyricsPanel.10" x="0" yAnchor="#LyricsPanel.2" y="0" widthDock="x:#LyricsPanel.90" width="0" font="Segoe UI" align="center" style="Bold" size="14" fg="255,255,255" />
<element type="Lyrics"  xAnchor="#LyricsPanel.10" x="0" yAnchor="#LyricsPanel.10" y="0" widthDock="x:#LyricsPanel.90" width="0"  heightDock="y:#LyricsPanel.90" height="0" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="14" fg="255,255,000" fg2="255,000,000" />
</autoHide>

I suspect it is in the hard coding and simply not built to show the pin rather than an xml issue?

btw I had not used autoOpenLyrics before your suggestion but this is the artist info panel although it is the same for the other one.  Adding it has no effect in either case
Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 05:15:48 PM by sarashaw

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Looking at your example code, it is still missing the autoOpenLyrics attribute.
In order to display the pin icon, your autoHide opening tag needs to have both allowPinning and autoOpenLyrics set to true.

This icon won't appear on any other panels besides the lyrics one.
The allowPinning setting is also used to make the Theater Mode remember (and open on startup) the last used autoHide panel.
But as far as the pin icon is concerned, you only get that on a lyrics panel which is set to be autoOpened whenever a track has lyrics.

Code
<autoHide allowPinning="true" autoOpenLyrics="true">
</autoHide>
Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:03:37 PM by Mayibongwe
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore