Author Topic: Change from Double-Click to Mini Player, to Compact Player instead?  (Read 1045 times)

Astro Gaze

Hey guys,

I've tried searching for "double-click to mini-player" and "double-click top panel". But searching "double-click (anything)", returns a lot of results. So, sorry if this has been covered already.

I accidentally discovered that double-clicking the top panel (any area here that isn't a button)

Switches to Mini Player view.

I find Compact Player to be a lot more informative and nicer to look at. Of the two, I use Compact player exclusively.

Is there a way to change the double-click behaviour to launch Compact player?

I didn't see anything obvious in panel settings or preferences.

Cheers

*Edit 1: Edited for extra screenshots and clarity.

*Edit 2: Wishlist Post created. If you'd like to see this made, please +1 here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=37036.0
Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 11:26:20 PM by Astro Gaze

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
That's not the mini player. Click on 'view > mini player' to see what it actually looks like.
Your screenshot is just showing a minimized version of the MusicBee main player window.
Double-click on the caption bar again and you'll see it bringing up the maximized/normal sized main player (that's default Windows behaviour for any application)
For fast-switching between the main player and compact player, assign a hotkey to view: show compact player in MB's preferences.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Astro Gaze

That's not the mini player. Click on 'view > mini player' to see what it actually looks like.
Your screenshot is just showing a minimized version of the MusicBee main player window.
Double-click on the caption bar again and you'll see it bringing up the maximized/normal sized main player (that's default Windows behaviour for any application)
For fast-switching between the main player and compact player, assign a hotkey to view: show compact player in MB's preferences.

Thanks for replying, but my screenshot was meant to show the clickable area. But I realized there could be some confusion since I posted a screenshot of a skinned MusicBee. So I edited my post for clarity.
Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:41:37 AM by Astro Gaze

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I accidentally discovered that double-clicking the top panel (any area here that isn't a button) switches to Mini Player view.
Well, I'll be damned. That makes two of us.
Till now, I never knew of the existence of that feature (double-clicking on some parts of the player panel will switch MusicBee to the mini-player).

I found this thread but there isn't a lot of info on this either: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=34932.0
I think you might have to make your way to the wishlist board if you'll want this behaviour changed to something else.
But again, as I mentioned, a hotkey's probably just as quick (in case the wish won't get fulfilled).
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Astro Gaze

Thanks for the link!

I think you might have to make your way to the wishlist board if you'll want this behaviour changed to something else.
But again, as I mentioned, a hotkey's probably just as quick (in case the wish won't get fulfilled).

Well then, I'll have to make two requests. Haha
The Compact Player hotkey opens it to full screen, then you have to double click the windows bar to get it back to it's last size/position. Really annoying for switching back and forth.
Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 04:22:27 PM by Astro Gaze

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
The Compact Player hotkey opens it to full screen, then you have to double click the windows bar to get it back to it's last size/position.
When you've switched over to the compact player using the hotkey:
- Click on the top left hamburger (three line) menu and then select restore.
- From there on, it will no longer default to the maximized version when switching.

Astro Gaze

Astro Gaze

The Compact Player hotkey opens it to full screen, then you have to double click the windows bar to get it back to it's last size/position.
When you've switched over to the compact player using the hotkey:
- Click on the top left hamburger (three line) menu and then select restore.
- From there on, it will no longer default to the maximized version when switching.

Omg yes! 1 of 2 down!!! You're awesome.