Author Topic: Musicbee unable to read a certian flac's track title, seems to think it's a cue?  (Read 1494 times)

111112oo

I ripped this CDR myself, same way I rip all my other CDs which work fine in MusicBee: https://www.discogs.com/release/434355-DJ-Elephant-Power-The-Impact-Of-The-Elephant-On-Its-Environment

I copied it from my rips folder to my music folder and tagged it further, and then did a library scan on 3.4. I forgot what message it showed but the album did not appear in my library or even recently added. I tried scanning 2 more times to no change. I then restarted MusicBee and the album then appeared! But it had no artist title or trackname, the album title was there though. Trying to edit the tags with Musicbee's tag editor gave no luck, but weirdly a notification and a button relating to cuesheets appeared, "track title" also said "file title" instead:

I then updated to the 3.5 beta of Musicbee, and the album artist was there, but the track title is still missing.
Opening the flac file from the file explorer gives the same issue, unless i open the rip folder file, in which it then works.
The song still plays regardless of the above issues.

Here's the other files in the library folder:

111112oo

Ok. If I copy the file alone to another folder it works properly. I guess something odd is happening when it's scanned the cue file. The cue file is also in the rip folder.

I just tried removing it from my library and re-scanning. Comes up with "no new files found" and doesn't find it. Still missing when reloading Musicbee...
Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:47:08 AM by 111112oo

Steven

• Administrator
i am not seeing any bug here. MB associates cue sheets to files as is the case here.
Right click/ Remove Cuesheet to remove it

111112oo

i am not seeing any bug here. MB associates cue sheets to files as is the case here.
Only 1 track was showing though, and I did remove that 1 track, and now anything to do with that album is not re-appearing no matter how many times I scan. I have plenty of cuesheets in my library, but this is the first time I've seen this bug.
I want it to show the correct track title but it would only show as "Unknown Title" and wouldn't let me fix it due to this weird cuesheet thing. The title shows fine if I play the file in a folder away from the scanned cuesheet.

OK it's appeared. It wasn't appearing in recently added and I guess I went blind and missed it in my main library, my bad.
Here's it in my library:
Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:13:31 AM by 111112oo

111112oo

Ok. I've been able to re-create the bug. It seems to happen if there's only 1 track and the filename in the cuesheet matches, minus the filetype. I guess none of the previous cues I have of 1-track albums match the filename.

When the filename in the cue doesn't match it corrects:

The cue:
Code
REM GENRE Electronic
REM DATE 2005
REM DISCID 020A1801
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v1.6"
FILE "01 - The Impact of the Elephant on Its Enviroment.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:26:47 AM by 111112oo

Steven

• Administrator
try using v3.5 available from the first forum topic.
However, if there is a cuesheet associated then the title will be sourced from the cuesheet - even if its a single track cuesheet
Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 08:02:38 AM by Steven

111112oo

try using v3.5 available from the first forum topic.
However, if there is a cuesheet associated then the title will be sourced from the cuesheet - even if its a single track cuesheet
That's what I'm using. On 3.4 the artist also appeared as Unknown. And this issue doesn't appear to multi-track albums, only single track albums.

I don't like and don't want to edit my cue sheets. Besides the tag edit function doesn't even work to change it. I disagree heavily with it reading the cue for titles first. most cues are just generated for archival purposes, for re-burning, not to be the basis of libary tags. How you've tagged them should take priority, and that already is the case for multi-track albums, it just does this for single track albums.

How can I disable this without editing my cue?

Steven

• Administrator

111112oo

Where is this option? In a screenshot I posted above I cannot see it.

karbock

Help! I can't find such a right click option anywhere!

It's available in 'Album and Tracks' view, but not in 'Album Covers' view.

111112oo

Help! I can't find such a right click option anywhere!

It's available in 'Album and Tracks' view, but not in 'Album Covers' view.
Thank you!

However... this only fixes it until I rescan for new albums again, then the cuesheet issue returns.

Steven

• Administrator
this version no longer treats single file cuesheets as virtual albums. However it only takes effect when scanning new files, so you will still need to remove the cuesheet for existing files. The Remove Cuesheet function is now included in the Album Artwork view

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

111112oo

this version no longer treats single file cuesheets as virtual albums. However it only takes effect when scanning new files, so you will still need to remove the cuesheet for existing files. The Remove Cuesheet function is now included in the Album Artwork view

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Works, thank you!