Author Topic: AddingArtwork manually - HUGE library  (Read 698 times)

thenoob

hello

Have MB basically up and running happily, except when importing.  Some of the artwork doesnt match the filename perfectly {16k albums}

How can i EASILY just patch up the ones that dont auto import the artwork? I have each album artwork in each seperate folder with the album files.  Im not going to rename it all.  Is there an easy way i can force each one, and just direct it to the file to display the artwork? I cant figure it out

frankz

I have tried and failed to understand exactly what you're asking, but maybe the Album Artwork Manager (Tools->Artwork->Album Artwork Manager) can help? You can scan for problem artwork using a number of criteria, and one of them is "Does not match storage preferences"

If you're just trying to add artwork to an album manually, select all the files, SHIFT+ENTER to bring up the tag editor, right click where the artwork is missing and select "Choose Picture."  Then you can link the original image file to the music files without changing any names or anything (or it will rename it if you want too).

If you need an easy way to find albums with missing artwork, the Album Artwork Manager can do that too, and then you can use the second tag-editing suggestion to add artwork to each album it finds.

If this doesn't help, maybe try being more descriptive about what you're trying to do and what problem you're having doing it with examples and/or screenshots.
Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 08:15:53 PM by frankz

thenoob

ok :

1.  I have a massive library, Every album has the artwork inside it.  But its not named perfectly to the filename of thw album or what Musicbee prefers. whatever it is.

2.  about 1/3 of the Artwork shows up.  i have about 16k albums.  I really dont want to go through each album folder and manually add them 1 by one. 

3.  Ive figured out how to do it manually but its a very long process to do it all.  Is there anyway to manually scrape the album folders and force musicbee to see the  cover art?

frankz

Musicbee doesn't prefer any specific naming of artwork.  You have to tell it how your album art is named, and then it should pick it up.

Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(1)...artwork

At the right you'll see "set which pictures are displayed:"  Some defaults are there like Cover.*, Folder.* and other things that people normally use. If there is some other abnormal naming convention that you use, you can click "Edit List," add it here, and rescan.  If you want to say "f it" and pick up all the miscellaneous image files in your music folders, click "Edit List," select *.* and rescan, and let it rip.

phred

• Global Moderator
If there is some other abnormal naming convention that you use, you can click "Edit List," add it here, and rescan.
Adding to what frankz said, once you add your 'customized' edit, be sure to move it to the top of the list before rescanning.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

If there is some other abnormal naming convention that you use, you can click "Edit List," add it here, and rescan.
Adding to what frankz said, once you add your 'customized' edit, be sure to move it to the top of the list before rescanning.
Why?

If it's not finding artwork using the ones at the top it'll go down the list until it gets to the one that matches.

phred

• Global Moderator
Why?

If it's not finding artwork using the ones at the top it'll go down the list until it gets to the one that matches.
Yes, of course. I was thinking of Tags (1) > artwork > set which pictures are displayed.

You'll have to forgive me. It's not quite 100 degrees F and our air conditioner has conked out. It's about 85 in here. My brain is fried.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

You'll have to forgive me. It's not quite 100 degrees F and our air conditioner has conked out. It's about 85 in here. My brain is fried.
That is terrible. Hang in there.

phred

• Global Moderator
That is terrible. Hang in there.
Thanks. We're in a multi-apartment building and it's not just ours that's not working it something at the building level. But I notice the service company's truck is here, so hopefully it'll be up and running soon.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

BoringName

Just going to start this post with a WARNING - If you stuff this up you can't just click undo to fix it. Make sure you have a backup before experimenting with this stuff.

You could run a batch file to rename all your artwork files to be consistent.
FOR /R %f IN (*.jpg) DO REN "%f" cover.jpg

The line above will find every .jpg file in your music folder (and it's subfolders) and rename it to cover.jpg
Copy and paste that into a notepad file. Save it into your music folder and rename the extension from .txt to .bat then run it.

In it's current format it's a bit of a blunt instrument. If you have multiple jpg files in the same folder it will either error or change one to cover.jpg and then overwrite it with the next one ie) you may lose files.

You can adjust it to be a bit more specific.
*.jpg is what it's searching for
cover.jpg is what it will rename it to.

So
FOR /R %f IN (folder.jpg) DO REN "%f" cover.jpg

Will only rename files called "folder.jpg" to "cover.jpg"

Or if you have problems with extensions being inconsistent you could use
FOR /R %f IN (*.jpeg) DO REN "%f" *.jpg

This will maintain the filenames and just change the file extension from jpeg to jpg.

Again.... just be really careful with this. You could easily make a mess of your music folder.

thenoob

Musicbee doesn't prefer any specific naming of artwork.  You have to tell it how your album art is named, and then it should pick it up.

Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(1)...artwork

At the right you'll see "set which pictures are displayed:"  Some defaults are there like Cover.*, Folder.* and other things that people normally use. If there is some other abnormal naming convention that you use, you can click "Edit List," add it here, and rescan.  If you want to say "f it" and pick up all the miscellaneous image files in your music folders, click "Edit List," select *.* and rescan, and let it rip.

thank you this helped alot, now i just have to figure out how some are landing in "unknown Artist" folder.  But its a small amount relative to collection, Thank You for this!!!