Author Topic: Problems with playlist path and synching playlists  (Read 1665 times)

PurpleGigi

I got a new phone back in the winter and was able to put all my music in so I can play it using GMMP.  I recently updated a couple of playlists in MusicBee but I can't update them on my phone becauwe of the path. The file path that I have for Playlists has a red exclamation point.  I am not able to actually point to the file path and the way I am typing it doesn't work.  

Under Media Storage, storage path is SM-S908U\Internal storage\
Music Files is Music\*

I've tried different paths for the Playlists but I cannot get MusicBee to accept anything.

I apologize - I also tried for a half an hour to follow the directions on including an image but it never showed up in the preview.

What do you suggest?

phred

• Global Moderator
A screenshot of your device settings would really be helpful here.
Upload it to imgur.com and then copy the link and paste it here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Does the folder you're trying to use actually exist on the device? What does it say when you hover over the error icon?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the screenshots.

Frankz asks a good question. If the folder doesn't exist on the device, then create it and try again. If it does exist, I suggest creating the Playlists folder under Internal Storage. For some reason I've never had good luck on my Samsung phone when putting the playlists under \Music.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Astro Gaze

I also sync to a Samsung device, and I was also having connection problems before. Although I still get the red exclamation point on folders that exist, at least MusicBee syncs with my phone.

Here's 2 things to try:

1. When you first plugged your phone into your pc, there should've been a pop up. Did you "Allow access to computer"?
2. When you're plugged in, unlock your phone, pull down to see the notification bar, look for Android System > USB for file transfer. Click on this and make sure that Use USB For is set to Transferring Files.