Author Topic: Rescan location tag  (Read 917 times)

HerrMerkt

Is there any way to re-scan the location tag in the file properties in a case sensitive way?

Why do I need this?
I currently installed Plex on my NAS and want to synchronize my MusicBee playlists with Plex. This worked like a charm, however, there are issues with case sensitivity.
Let me describe my problem:
Windows is case-insensitive and stores the artist "Sido" in the same folder as "sido". However, MusicBee seems to save the location tag that it uses to export playlists based on the ID3 tags. So basically, it refers to a folder called "Sido", but the folder is "sido". In Windows, this is no issue; however, Plex is case sensitive and does not find the file stored in the "sido" folder, if the location says "Sido". So I need a way to read the location tags in a case sensitivity way.
Of course, re-tagging all the files would be an option, but maybe there is a more convenient option that will not cost me "hours" of work. Synchronizing the tags and rescanning all files did not work. :(
Of course, I am also happy if you can tell me how I can tell Plex to be case insensitive.

hiccup

I'm not sure I understand.
The 'location' tag is (to be) used for countries or venues.
Do you have the URL of a file in it?

Also, if I read correctly, your id3 tags have Sido, so MusicBee will use Sido.
Plex also expects Sido.
So how come your folder is sido?

HerrMerkt

The location tag is for the file location.

The folder is sido because the artist is sometimes labeled sido and Sido in MP3 stores. The files are copied in the same folder because Windows is case-insensititve.

boroda

what if you try this plugin:

https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-amp-reporting-tools/

'change case' command? you will need to map 'location' to custom tag in mb. then reorganize tracks using mb.

HerrMerkt

Thank you. Just tried it and it's not what I am looking for. Basically, I am looking for a way to rescan the filepath so that MusicBee writes case sensitive location tags.

Currently it is:
"D:\Music\Sido\..."
and it should be
"D:\Music\sido\..."
If there is a way that MusicBee can re-scan the actual filepaths for every file, this would be great.

Never had a problem with case sensitivity until I tried to export some playlists to Plex so that I do not have to turn on my laptop anytime I want to listen to some music..

DarthDobber

I know this was a long time ago, but did you ever find a fix?  I am running into the exact same issue.

hiccup

Would it solve it if you first rename the folder that has the 'wrong' capitalisation to something different (not only changing the specific letter that is the problem), have that folder scanned, then name it as it was (but then with the correct capitalisation), and rescan it again?

DarthDobber

I appreciate the suggestion.  However, I have far too many that are affected for this approach to be viable.  Also, I'm not even sure exactly which ones are the problems.  My 2000 song playlist is missing 200 songs when imported to Plex.  To find out which ones are left off I have to do a manual compare.

phred

• Global Moderator
My 2000 song playlist is missing 200 songs when imported to Plex.
How are you importing the playlist to Plex?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here