Author Topic: Blank Columns (Except Artwork) after Re-Scan  (Read 706 times)

DesH

Hi. I am a Radio Presenter and have been using Musicbee for several years. I have a fairly extensive database of music (354 Days).
Yesterday I did a "Compress Library" then after that I did a "Rescan All Files". The database loaded afterward, and all seemed good. I left the Pc on and sometime later returned and found all the Tag fields Blank except the Artwork/Album cover column on the left.
What may be significant is my Pc did go to "Sleep" at some stage after the Rescan during my absence
I have tried re-Booting Pc but nothing seems to change Musicbee's behaviour.
I have tried to update the Program, also am now in the process of "Re-scan"ning once again.

The top menu's do respond, but folder locations etc are also blank.
Has any one have any ideas.

https://imgur.com/GiImRw4
Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 07:41:08 AM by DesH

Steven

• Administrator
can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
also what happens when you double click on a row to the right of a picture in the main panel?
Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 08:47:21 AM by Steven

DesH

Hi Steven
Thanks for the reply. 
(help/ support/ view settings) opens a Notepad file. I'm not sure how to send a link to this. Could you advise

Also, the pics have now disappeared, everything is blank except the top menu "File, Edit, View,...Help" and double clicking anywhere on the screen doesn't activate anything.
Thanks so much
Des

Steven

• Administrator
save the file, upload it somewhere eg. dropbox or mediafire and then send me the link

Steven

• Administrator
The Now Playing tab is blank until there is are tracks queued and a track loaded for playback.
All the other tabs display without issue for me.
When you did the double click test, you were using the music library tab?

DesH

That's really puzzling. I have no tabs at all. Nothing except that top menu.
The entire screen is blank. No tabs, no columns, no playlists.

Steven

• Administrator
try renaming both MusicBee3Settings.ini and MusicBee3Settings.bak to different names
they are both located in
C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\

edit:
also check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) for any errors at the time you start MB
Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 11:07:35 AM by Steven

DesH

I renamed those 2 files.
On opening, MusicBee asked for language choice, and then the attached screen asked for File Location of files to be added. It will not accept or show any file locations. Just blank windows. I can't enter or choose anything.
https://imgur.com/FX8WU0u

This can't be a memory problem since all my other media files are working perfectly. Only MusicBee seems to be affected.

Steven

• Administrator
i dont have any further suggestions or idea what is going wrong.
You should check the error log for new errors as i previously suggested. If the menu no longer appears, its called ErrorLog.dat in the same folder as the settings

hiccup

I renamed those 2 files.
On opening, MusicBee asked for language choice, and then the attached screen asked for File Location of files to be added. It will not accept or show any file locations. Just blank windows. I can't enter or choose anything.
Any chance you have security software blocking/interfering here?

DesH

I will check the security software but no software has changed in that setup in the last year or so, so I doubt that's it. I will try a backup of the database from long ago and see if that helps. Not sure how to go about it but will figure it out.
Love this program. First time I've had an issue in about 10 years. I mention it often over the Radio. Hopefully it gains you some support.
Thanks so much for your efforts and interest.

hiccup

I will check the security software but no software has changed in that setup in the last year or so,
Surely MusicBee has been updated with some new and/or updated files?
Also your security will have had updates.

It's worth a try to disable it completely and see if that makes a difference.
Perhaps also check if it has something related to MusicBee in quarantine.

Steven

• Administrator
The fact that the scrollbars are showing indicates to me it is loading files/ folders. So perhaps somehow the musicbee3.xmlc skin has become corrupted. You could try re-installing MB

phred

• Global Moderator
So perhaps somehow the musicbee3.xmlc skin has become corrupted. You could try re-installing MB
Or before going through a reinstall of MB, trying a different skin.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here