Author Topic: MusicBee doesn't show subfolders in a folder  (Read 462 times)

suriya

Hi guys :) ,  help me (and thank you very much in advanced)
I think this post will be a pretty long because I want some clear cut answers from you guys.

today I updated my MB(MusicBee) to version 3.4.8033 Store through Microsoft store. I don't know which MB version I used in past.

But in the past MB showed songs in my laptop the way they arranged in file explorer. but now it didn't show that way. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. Now I try my best to explain what I said.

I have a folder in F drive. that called 'SONGS' in that folder I have many subfolders like kpop music, NEFFEX , SIA and some more folders.

In kpop music subfolder it has many folders like 'BLACKPINK, BTS, .... '

totally I have 21 folders in kpop music folder all these subfolders have only .mp3 type files.

But the problem is in past MB showed all subfolders in kpop music folder which I loved most. but today after I updated MB I can't see subfolders in kpop music
I tried some methods but it didn't help me at all.

first I changed 'album artist' to 'folder name' like this (see the screenshot below)

second I changed edit preference settings. but I don't know what I did here.(see the screenshot below as well)

again thank you very much for spending your time in this post. I hope I will get fixed this problem very soon.
I'm also going to search about this much as possible. If I get it fixed myself I will update here.

suriya

Thanks God. I founded solution myself. I am going to write down the solution here.( My English may seem worst but bear with that.)  because anyone like me will find this helpful. I couldn't be more happier. Now I writing this post while I hear music with musicbee. yayy :)  ;)  :D  ;D  ::)  :P  :-*
so what I wanted like this screenshot (see below).

see below screenshot (the left panel shows all sub folders in kpop music main folder)

so what have I done to make this possible. and it's pretty simple.
let me show with screenshots.

when you add new tab make sure that "Include files from sub-folders" checked.

then one more step let's see another screenshot.

right click on the area which I show with blue dot. then you will see some list like in above screenshot. make sure you checked Folder Name like showed in screenshot.
then I got what I want.
this could be a dump matter to someone.
Now I'm glad That I can listen quality music with MusicBee.