Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 58046 times)

zivbee

is there any way to make the lyrics source ignore commas in artist names? artists like "Muse" work but artists like "Tyler, The Creator" and "Black Country, New Road" are not working because of the comma in their name.
Thanks!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
What version of the plugin (and MusicBee) are you running?
Trying it out now, 5 of the 6 included providers in v1.2.0.2 are getting results for Tyler, The Creator's I Think.
The one provider that wasn't working with those was Musixmatch - the strict version which I've just updated.

So try re-downloading the plugin and updating to the latest 3.5 MusicBee version.
If it still doesn't work, run a search for one of Tyler's songs, then post the log entries here on this thread.
You can check for the log file in this folder ...\MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded.

@sveakul, the change you requested was also included in the update to the (strict) Musixmatch yml.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

sveakul

@sveakul, the change you requested was also included in the update to the (strict) Musixmatch yml.
Mayibongwe, the newest providers list plus the 1.2.0.2 plugin version are yielding the best results ever.  First of all, the new strict MusixMatch where you added the "strip bracketed expressions from title" now performs BEAUTIFULLY on both those streams that use those unfortunate additions.  On one title, ONLY the strict MM found the lyrics and not the fuzzy version (Alison Moyet - That Ole Devil Called Love [qd9]).  The plugin also seems to function more smoothly in general between ALL its sources.  Can't see any room for improvement here, THANK YOU for your efforts!

troglodytes16

I apologise in advance if this is an obvious question, but I can't find the answer anywhere. How do I configure the plugin?
MusicBee only gives me the option to disable or uninstall it.

phred

• Global Moderator
Preferences > Tags (2) > auto-tagging > lyrics
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

troglodytes16

Thank you for your reply. But I checked that before and I can't edit anything except the order. I want to add and remove lyric searching sites

phred

• Global Moderator
Only the providers that are ticked will be checked. Unticked will be unchecked. You can also re-order the providers so that they are searched in the order you wish. Set that up by clicking the three dots to the right > select a provider > use the up or down arrow.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

troglodytes16

Thank you, I guess I can't add a search that isn't there already. I thought that would be possible.
I also wanted to replace the right-click option 'Google Search' with a different search engine, but I don't think there's a plugin for that.
Cheers

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
But I checked that before and I can't edit anything except the order. I want to add and remove lyric searching sites
If you're on the latest plugin version (v1.2.0.2):

- the six providers that are showing up in there are plugin defaults. You can't "remove" them, you can only uncheck them as phred says.
- to add your own lyric sites, make a file for each with a .yml extension in this folder ...MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers.

Further instructions and tutorials on how to make such files can be found on links located on the second post of this thread.

Edit:

I also wanted to replace the right-click option 'Google Search' with a different search engine, but I don't think there's a plugin for that.
Yep, users do not have any control over that. So that won't be possible in any way.
The closest you can get is by setting up your preferred weblinks in Preferences > Internet.
Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 11:04:05 PM by Mayibongwe

Gauld

Hello there,

I'm new here and kinda a beginner in the "scripting" zone and affiliate :-)

I'm trying to edit the Google.yml file located in my ..\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers directory to reflect the way I've tagged all the bands names in my collection.

I'm using :
"BandName (Country)" and thus when I launch a research for the lyrics it ended up in a bad way in Google :-)

So I've added a regex in the .YML file but it didn't change anything.
It looks like that :

Code
name: Google
loader: static

variables:
    artist:
        type: artist
        filters:
        - lowercase
        - [regex,'[(][a-zA-Z-\s]+[)]',""]

title:
        type: title
        filters: artist

config:
    url: "https://www.google.com/search?q={title}+{artist}+lyrics"
    pattern: ['class="BNeawe tAd8D AP7Wnd">(?<lyrics>.*)Source:', 's']

post-filters:
- [regex,'.*?<div class="BNeawe tAd8D AP7Wnd">','']
- strip_html
- utf8_encode
- entity_decode
- trim

Can someone show me the path ?

Thanks.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hello Gauld, welcome to the forum.
Try this one out:

Code
[regex, '(.*)\s\(.*', '$1']

Gauld

Hello Gauld, welcome to the forum.
Try this one out:

Code
[regex, '(.*)\s\(.*', '$1']

Hello Mayibongwe, thanks for the fast answer and great work with this plug in !

I modified the google.yml file as you stated :

Code
variables:
    artist:
        type: artist
        filters:
        - lowercase
        - [regex, '(.*)\s\(.*', '$1']

But I  still have a "no lyrics found"

And even when I hit the "google research" option :

When I check the "metal archives" box I does not work either. But when I strip the (Usa) above it works great in Google :

hiccup

But I  still have a "no lyrics found"
To me, the way that you are using the 'artist' tag is not only incorrect, but it's also just asking for problems.
It might get solved for using this plugin by bending backwards and tweaking regexes in yml's, but even then it's very likely to pose various other problems further down the road.
If the 'country' of a band is important to you, why not just use an appropriate tag for it?
It's pretty much essential for music managers such as MusicBee to make sure that you are using tags for what they are designed and intended for.

And the same goes for plugins. (such as LyricsReloaded and many others)
Bad input ≥ bad output.
Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 01:15:35 AM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
@Mayibongwe-

I unticked a couple of providers, updated, and saved but when I go back to the providers the just unticked providers have gone down to the bottom of the list - at the end of all the other unticked providers. Is there any way you can keep providers persistent? If I untick, update, and save and then go back, I'd like the provider to still be in the same order they were before I unticked them.

I got 15 our of 15 incorrect lyrics returned from 'fuzzy' providers so I disabled them and tried again. This time I got no lyrics returned. But when I went back to enable the just disabled fuzzy ones, they were at the bottom of the list and I had to move them back up to where I wanted them. I'm not concerned by the return of no lyrics since they were some very obscure songs. What -did- surprise me was that on the first run, I got lyrics for all the tracks. Which of course were all from fuzzy providers and were incorrect. I then had to go and delete the lyrics. So here's a case where I'd rather have the fuzzies disabled and get nothing. But then I have to reorder them once re-enabled.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Gauld

But I  still have a "no lyrics found"
To me, the way that you are using the 'artist' tag is not only incorrect, but it's also just asking for problems.
It might get solved for using this plugin by bending backwards and tweaking regexes in yml's, but even then it's very likely to pose various other problems further down the road.
If the 'country' of a band is important to you, why not just use an appropriate tag for it?
It's pretty much essential for music managers such as MusicBee to make sure that you are using tags for what they are designed and intended for.

And the same goes for plugins. (such as LyricsReloaded and many others)
Bad input ≥ bad output.

I get your point, and it's a good one, but it's an old habbit back in the day I was tape trading...
Plus, indeed, I need to differenciate bands like in the screenshot below :

I'll consider adding a custom country tag as you mentionned. Meanwhile, if someone has a solution it'll be cool to know.

Thanks !