Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 61610 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
But once we get it sorted out in PMs, I'll be back here to say what was up.
The issue was just as sveakul had surmised in his reply to Corliss Rain's similar bug report.
xdbotx was trying to install the newest plugin version without overwriting or uninstalling an old v1.1.2.0 from 2014.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Mayibongwe for the plugin! No issues on my end and it saves me so much time it's ridiculous :D
Thanks Tybot. Glad to hear that it's functioning without any issues.

could you please give us a "changelog" as to what you have added/modified in 1.1.16.9 since 1.1.16.6?
The internal changes are transparent and mostly just a revision in the implementation of the code I had added in when I began working on this.
E.g the log clearance code which I thought was tripping things up for Installer versions of MB (which xdbotx and Corliss Rain both had according to their error reports).

- renamed the mb_LyricsReloaded.log file to Log.log.
- renamed the mb_LyricsReloaded.ini file to Settings.ini.
- re-structured the format of the settings.

Again, all those changes will be automatic and do not change anything in how the plugin was working before the updates.
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

sveakul

Thanks for the update on 1.1.16.9!  Just a couple of random observations while I'm on:

Why would the plugin's (1.1.16.9) built-in Musixmatch source return no results for "Duran Duran - Electric Barbarella" when the lyrics do indeed exist on that site?

Also, the Deezer source is probably in the need of a re-tune, it leads the list in returning inaccurate results and I had to eventually un-check it.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Why would the plugin's (1.1.16.9) built-in Musixmatch source return no results for "Duran Duran - Electric Barbarella" when the lyrics do indeed exist on that site?
Can you run the search again. I seem to be getting the lyrics now.
Yesterday I did get to briefly test it and Musixmatch was indeed failing for that song, but trying it out now, it's getting them just fine.

Also, the Deezer source is probably in the need of a re-tune, it leads the list in returning inaccurate results and I had to eventually un-check it.
There is indeed room for improvement.
Looks like I can get it to use its own search function instead of relying on google.
I'll let you know when I get something together (some time tomorrow).

Edit:
Oh and the current plugin's built-in Musixmatch is in every way identical to the one that was used before I took over.
Do you have a working one that's different to that? (yml's for the internal providers are located in the configs folder of the source files)
Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 07:44:28 PM by Mayibongwe
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Give this a test run.
I expect it to continue bringing in everything that Google used to, just with a little more precision.

Code
name: Deezer 2.0
loader: search

variables:
    artist:
        type: artist
        filters:
        - lowercase

title:
        type: title
        filters: artist

config:
    identity url: "https://www.deezer.com/search/{title}+{artist}/track"
    identity pattern: ['"SNG_ID":"(?<identity>.*?)"', 's']
    lyrics url: "https://www.deezer.com/en/track/"
    lyrics pattern: ['<div>Lyrics</div>(?<lyrics>.*?)</div>', 's']

post-filters:
- strip_html
- utf8_encode
- entity_decode
- trim

sveakul

Thanks Mayibongwe for the Deezer 2.0 revised YML!  After limited testing, it seems to be working a lot better, this one has only drawn one inaccurate result so far, something totally different for "Kate Bush - The Sensual World" that all the other souces in the plugin got correct.  It's definitely an improvement though over the first one.  I have re-checked it on the sources list.

The issue with MusixMatch just "went away", as you noticed with the Duran Duran song getting hits there again, so that must have been some temporary thing at the site.

Thanks again for your time on this!
Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 11:26:31 PM by sveakul

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
This one has only drawn one inaccurate result so far, something totally different for "Kate Bush - The Sensual World" that all the other souces in the plugin got correct.
For some reason, the site is not listing that song as the first search result.
If you replace the identity pattern line with this, it will match that song:

Code
identity pattern: ['"SNG_ID":"(?<identity>\d+)","PRODUCT_TRACK_ID":"\d+","UPLOAD_ID":\d+,"SNG_TITLE":"{title}","ART_ID":"\d+","PROVIDER_ID":"\d+","ART_NAME":"{artist}"', 's']
I don't think you will be getting any incorrect results with this revision.
The only downside to it would be that it will now fail if ever the artist and the song title do not match exactly what is there on the site.
i.e the absence or presence of a single character which should or shouldn't be there will be enough to throw it off.

So, question to people who care enough to comment:
Should I replace the current built-in Deezer (loose searching) with this version (strict searching)?

hiccup

So, question to people who care enough to comment:
Should I replace the current built-in Deezer (loose searching) with this version (strict searching)?
Perhaps this could be an approach?:

Make the plugin use 'strict' versions of the patterns for Deezer (and Genius).
So the plugin itself would be preferring 'quality over quantity'.

But also make 'fuzzy' versions of provider yml's available for Deezer and Genius.

Then a user could set it so that the plugin would use an order like this:

- Genius
- Musixmatch
- Deezer
- Metal Archives
- Genius (fuzzy)
- Deezer (fuzzy)

So effectively it would first try to only use strict matches, but if the first 4 providers failed to produce something, there is a chance it will find the correct lyrics by using the fuzzy versions for Genius and Deezer.

Could this work?

(I'm also mentioning Genius since older versions of the plugin did retrieve some lyrics that the newer (stricter) version doesn't)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Sounds good. Thanks hiccup.
The latest build now has the strict version of Deezer built into the plugin.
If anyone wants the 'fuzzy' or 'loose' versions for Genius and Deezer, they can get those from the providers folder included in the plugin download link.

sveakul

Thanks to hiccup for suggesting this approach!

hiccup

The latest build now has the strict version of Deezer built into the plugin.
If anyone wants the 'fuzzy' or 'loose' versions for Genius and Deezer, they can get those from the providers folder included in the plugin download link.
This is working really well.
The results of the test I published here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36605.msg205223#msg205223 have improved even further.

Probably good to mention that the (very few) songs that got incorrect lyrics were non-English. (Portuguese and Dutch)
And even some Japanese and Turkish songs were matched correctly.

So I am guessing that for most people that have their library consisting of mainly English spoken (sung) music, there will now hardly ever be incorrect lyrics returned by the plugin.

Great work again Mayibongwe!
Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 07:57:33 AM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
Great work again Mayibongwe!
A +1 to Mayibongwe for implementing this.
And I'll also throw out a +1 to hiccup for coming up with a great suggestion.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Sekt0r

Thanks for the update to the plugin.
Could I confirm what the difference is between the fuzzy and strict versions of the providers is? My assumption is the fuzzy versions run through Google and the strict versions don't or is it the query pattern itself thats different?
Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 04:49:11 AM by Sekt0r

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
My assumption is the fuzzy versions run through Google and the strict versions don't.
Yes, that's right. The fuzzy versions get their search results from Google, while the strict versions use their own (website) search functions.

For example, there's this artist who's sometimes recognized as Hikaru Utada or Utada Hikaru depending on the particular platform.
On the Deezer website, they have her (them?) as Utada Hikaru while in Genius and a couple of other sites, she's listed as Hikaru Utada.

So in the strict version of Deezer, I can't get any of her lyrics because she's listed as Utada Hikaru while I have her tagged as Hikaru Utada.
But in the fuzzy version, the Deezer provider will succeed because even when fed with either of those names, a google search will know exactly who I'm referring to.

Edit: so in short, the

- strict versions will have a slightly less number of matches than their fuzzy counterparts, but the lyrics returned will be as accurate as possible.
- fuzzy versions will have a slightly higher number of matches, but will consequently return incorrect lyrics at times - given how loose the search technique is.
Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 07:49:14 PM by Mayibongwe

Sekt0r

Awesome, for me the fuzzy version of Genius has been picking up what the strict version couldn't and so far correctly. Thanks for clarifying.

hiccup

I am noticing a lot of lyrics retrieved using Genius (fuzzy) getting "You might also like" appended at the end of the lyrics.

For the purpose of testing, here some songs that are affected by this:

Khruangbin & Leon Bridges - Mariella
Material - Seven Souls
Minus the Bear - Thanks for the Killer Game of Crisco® Twister
John Martyn - Some People Are Crazy

(it's not something that will show up frequently for most users because in most cases 'Genius' (or MusixMatch or Deezer) will retrieve the lyrics before 'fuzzy' does)
Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 01:33:00 PM by hiccup