Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 59323 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
3.  In Tags(2), the available providers list from the clean install shows Google, and "chartlyrics.com" of all things. I assume the latter was never actually removed from the original plugin, as it's not present as a yml file.
If I'm not mistaken, chartlyrics.com is a MusicBee native lyrics provider. This plugin's source files do not appear to have any trace of it.

I would like to see songlyrics.com added back as a source in the DLL;  AFAIK no yml file exists for that one, and it picks up a lot of more obscure metal and goth stuff.
The 'placeholder' post on this thread is meant to serve as a place where I'll store all available yml's that can be used with this plugin.
I wanted to go over all of them first and then make them available.
Another reason I have not included the others as built-ins, is because they break frequently as you probably already know.
Google is meant to serve as the only default provider since, as far as I can tell, it is not one to change its structure as frequent as the individual providers do.
Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 08:30:48 PM by Mayibongwe
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

sveakul

Would appreciate a 2nd confirmation by sveakul. Re-download the plugin.

Deleted the log, downloaded the new 1.1.15 dll and unzipped it over the previous one, restarted, and can confirm all is still operating well!  Thanks!  Glad to know the initial problem wasn't hallucinatory, haha..  This is a beast with the Google source plus the ymls.
Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 08:43:29 PM by sveakul

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Had a rough start yesterday, but we are now where we are supposed to be as far as the plugin is concerned.
I have updated the 2nd post with a current list of all optional providers that I could find.

I have intentionally omitted A-Z Lyrics from the download just to keep MusicBee and the plugin on the safe side.
Anybody who wants it for personal use can dig up its yml from the previous plugin thread.

I also didn't include the following because they do not seem to be functional at the moment:
- Metro Lyrics
- Urban Lyrics
- Hindi Lyrics
- Musixmatch Asian (I couldn't see how it's any different from the normal Musixmatch. So I left it out for now)

sveakul

Thank you Mayibongwe for pulling the yml's together in one package!

I have been extensively testing the plugin on a wide variety of radio stream stations/genres, using Google as the first source choice.  While Google does a good job finding the majority, about 40% of the time a yml provides the hit.  Use all of 'em because you never know--for example chartlyrics.com provided the ONLY hit for a couple of songs.  Thanks for the totally new sources (Lyrics Mania, etc).
Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 09:13:18 PM by sveakul

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thank you for all the feedback you've given so far, sveakul.
That comment in green from the image in my previous post appears to be a note from the AZ lyrics website (in html format) to providers like this plugin.
There was a discussion on it here and I also think it shouldn't be officially associated with MusicBee and the plugin:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25406.msg181755#msg181755

Edit addressing the second point of sveakul's post:

To anybody else with a comment on this, I'd like to hear more opinions on whether other providers should be built into the plugin or not.
I personally happen to agree with redwing on this note (the reply linked on the third post of this thread).
Making them optional sounds more advantageous to both user and maintainer, than making them defaults.

I noticed hiccup had "(news)" added to his custom sources to avoid conflicting them with old, and possibly broken built-ins at the same time.
With the way things are at the moment, he wouldn't have to wait for me to make any fixes if any providers are broken.
He would simply fix them himself and also avoid the inconvenience of having to manage duplicates.
Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:09:36 PM by Mayibongwe

phred

• Global Moderator
Nice job Mayiboongwe. Still running it through some testing.

Is there a way to find out which source provided the found lyrics rather than searching through hundreds of lines of the log file?
Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 10:26:29 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Is there a way to find out which source provided the found lyrics rather than searching through hundreds of lines of the log file?
Thanks phred. Please also re-read my previous post to see the edit and make an opinion on that subject.
Where would you want to see the name of the source that provided the lyrics? In the retrieved lyrics themselves?

phred

• Global Moderator
Where would you want to see the name of the source that provided the lyrics? In the retrieved lyrics themselves?
At the bottom or top of the retrieved lyrics if possible. But some folks may not like that interfering with lyrics display. This would be my first choice. "Lyrics retrieved from xxx." Or simply the provider.

Or perhaps having the word "SUCCESS" in the log file for successful finds. That way I could run a search in Notepad++ for the word "SUCCESS."

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Or perhaps having the word "SUCCESS" in the log file for successful finds. That way I could run a search in Notepad++ for the word "SUCCESS."
Not sure if you are aware, but the log file already outputs "lyrics found from <provider>!" for successful finds.
So a search on "found" should already achieve the same result - unless you are suggesting "success <provider>" would be better wording for it.

At the bottom or top of the retrieved lyrics if possible. But some folks may not like that interfering with lyrics display. This would be my first choice. "Lyrics retrieved from xxx." Or simply the provider.
Theoretically, I should be able to provide a setting for that in some way. I'll do some research on it to see if it is within the scope of my capabilities.
I also happen to be simply winging my way around the plugin. I don't really have any solid background on this type of stuff.

sveakul

phred forgive me if you already are aware of this, but when you right-click in the lyrics window after they are retrieved, you get in subdued type at the start of the options list the source of the lyrics being displayed, like "Lyrics Source: Google."

phred

• Global Moderator
Not sure if you are aware, but the log file already outputs "lyrics found from <provider>!" for successful finds.
So a search on "found" should already achieve the same result - unless you are suggesting "success <provider>" would be better wording for it.
That's still too cumbersome since a search for "lyrics found" or "lyrics found from" brings up "NO lyrics found..." So perhaps on the source that actually found the lyrics the word SUCCESS <provider> be entered in the log. While still keeping the "no lyrics found" intact.
Code
no lyrics found from Google

Theoretically, I should be able to provide a setting for that in some way. I'll do some research on it to see if it is within the scope of my capabilities.
I also happen to be simply winging my way around the plugin. I don't really have any solid background on this type of stuff.
Theoretically, -any-thing can be done. :-) But if it's too much of a struggle, and the "SUCCESS <provider> is easier, I can live with that.
Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 09:18:26 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

Thank you for all the feedback you've given so far, sveakul.
That comment in green from the image in my previous post appears to be a note from the AZ lyrics website (in html format) to providers like this plugin.
There was a discussion on it here and I also think it shouldn't be officially associated with MusicBee and the plugin:
Whoops, I missed that actually, thanks for bringing it to my attention.  I got rid of the link in the post that referred to it.

phred

• Global Moderator
phred forgive me if you already are aware of this, but when you right-click in the lyrics window after they are retrieved, you get in subdued type at the start of the options list the source of the lyrics being displayed, like "Lyrics Source: Google."
No, I wasn't aware of it. And while I have often right-clicked on the lyrics, typically to edit them, I suppose i overlooked the subdued type you referred to. However, it's not at all helpful when it appears like this:

I -know- my lyrics are embedded in the music file. I want to know -where- they came from.
So the question becomes, are your lyrics embedded? And if not (i.e. in a text file) does right-clicking show the source?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

phred, my comments on the lyrics source appearing in the context menu of the window was not meant in reference to an archived-type trace for music files with embedded lyrics, but only for identifying the source BEFORE they are actually either saved into a file as embedded lyrics (which all of my files are), or before a radio stream starts a new track--for purely FYI purposes to see what yml produced it.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I agree, the ability to copy/paste/save that info with the actual lyrics would be a nice option to have available.
Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 10:31:06 PM by sveakul

phred

• Global Moderator
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Ahhh ... and you gave me so much hope!!  :-)

I agree, the ability to copy/paste/save that info with the actual lyrics would be a nice option to have available.
Yes, that would be nice. Perhaps Mayibongwe can use this as a learning exercise and come up with a solution. And if not, I'll just have to search the logs. :-(

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki