Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 58041 times)

frankz

I'm so happy to see this is going well.  Good work Mayibongwe.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
A thought:

Perhaps something could be done so that the plugin performs optimal out-of-the-box.
Without the user needing to search and learn how to set and tweak things to get optimal results.
Just so I'm getting you right:
Is the proposal that freshly installed versions of this plugin should load the default providers in this order? (Genius, MusixMatch, Deezer, Genius fuzzy, Deezer fuzzy)

Although that is doable from the plugin's side, it looks like recent MusicBee versions insist on sorting the providers by alphabetical order.
In v3.5.8135, the default order is decided by the plugin. But on my current v3.5.8311, it seems to be using alphabetical order.
Perhaps the change came as a result of this: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=37312.0

If I've understood the proposal correctly, I would need to ask Steven to get MB to revert back to the old sorting behaviour if this is to work.

FWIW just today started seeing ticket promos embedded in the built-in latest Genius source for SOME results.
(Florence and the Machine - What kind of man?)
(The Strokes - At the Door)
Like hiccup, I'm not getting those lines either when testing those two songs.
If they keep showing up throughout the week, do say and we'll see what can be done about it on the weekend.

I'm so happy to see this is going well.  Good work Mayibongwe.
Thanks for letting me in on the good feeling of being a part of something that people seem to enjoy on the daily.
I only hope to carry on the good maintenance that you provided to this project over the years.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

Just so I'm getting you right:
Is the proposal that freshly installed versions of this plugin should load the default providers in this order? (Genius, MusixMatch, Deezer, Genius fuzzy, Deezer fuzzy)
Yes, exactly.
So after installing the plugin the user would have something like this:

The three ticked ones will already give good results while (almost) never retrieving an incorrect lyric for a song.
I would leave it to you if you think both fuzzy providers should also be ticked out-of-the box.
Personally I would, since it improves the rate of matched lyrics substantially. (I experienced an improvement of around 15–20 percent)
But they will also be the ones responsible for (very seldom) retrieving an incorrect lyric for a song.

edit
Another suggestion would be to remove Lyrics Freak from the plugin and make it available as a providers yml.
(I haven't found it to have any added value to the above-mentioned providers)
Perhaps 'Google' could also be removed and made available as a yml.
It also didn't add any value for me.
But maybe other users have a different experience with it?
Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 05:01:01 PM by hiccup

sveakul

I have gotten good results from Lyrics Freak, and yesterday actually had Google find one none of the others did, although that is definitely an exception.

Because all the sources can be selected or un-selected by the user, as well as moved into any search order, as long as that stays in effect I have no preference what the "out-of-the-box" settings are.  I just don't want to ultimately lose any sources or the above mentioned flexibility.

hiccup

I have gotten good results from Lyrics Freak,
Out of curiosity, could you share some songs that Lyrics Freak matched that the usual suspects didn't?
(it might help to improve on my test set)

sveakul

I meant that it returns good results for me when I choose to compare lyrics sources using the "Search Next Provider" option, not that it is the only source that provided a hit.

hiccup

I meant that it returns good results for me when I choose to compare lyrics sources using the "Search Next Provider" option, not that it is the only source that provided a hit.
Ah ok. So it's safe to assume that it didn't provide any lyrics that Genius/MusixMatch/Deezer didn't find for you too?

hiccup

and yesterday actually had Google find one none of the others did, although that is definitely an exception.
That's interesting because far as I know both Deezer and Google use LyricFind as their source.
So for my test set that would explain why using Google presented no added value whatsoever when Deezer is already checked.

And surprisingly enough, Google still catches only an almost embarrassing fraction of what Deezer retrieves.
That could probably be improved by tweaking the yml, but as long as Deezer functions well that would probably be a waste of time.
Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 07:13:50 PM by hiccup

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I would leave it to you if you think both fuzzy providers should also be ticked out-of-the box.
Personally I would, since it improves the rate of matched lyrics substantially. (I experienced an improvement of around 15–20 percent)
But they will also be the ones responsible for (very seldom) retrieving an incorrect lyric for a song.
That's what I'd prefer too, but that -- leaving them unticked -- would have been out of my control anyway.
MusicBee automatically enables all the providers when a lyrics plugin is first installed or re-enabled (which is preferred behaviour).

Another suggestion would be to remove Lyrics Freak from the plugin and make it available as a providers yml.
Perhaps 'Google' could also be removed and made available as a yml.
Agreed. Those top 3 (Genius, Musixmatch and Deezer) most likely already bring in whatever Google and Lyrics Freak would have brought in.
Google mainly sources its lyrics from MusixMatch and Lyrics Find (which is what Deezer uses as well).
So removing those two as defaults won't do the plugin any harm - they'll still be available for download in the add-on providers folder.

Although that is doable from the plugin's side, it looks like recent MusicBee versions insist on sorting the providers by alphabetical order.
In v3.5.8135, the default order is decided by the plugin. But on my current v3.5.8311, it seems to be using alphabetical order.
If I've understood the proposal correctly, I would need to ask Steven to get MB to revert back to the old sorting behaviour if this is to work.
I've made the necessary changes to the plugin.
All that's left is to make the above request to Steven and the plugin's out-of-the-box providers would be loaded in this order:

- Genius
- MusixMatch
- Deezer
- Genius (fuzzy)
- Deezer (fuzzy)

codingduo

Thanks so much Mayibongwe for reworking this plugin. Works great!

hiccup

I've made the necessary changes to the plugin.
But you haven't uploaded it yet, right?
B.t.w. the add-ons page says 1.1.17.0, but on the download page it says 1.2.0.0.
But it doesn't seem to have the latest changes.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thanks so much Mayibongwe for reworking this plugin. Works great!
Happy to hear that. The feedback is appreciated.

But you haven't uploaded it yet, right?
B.t.w. the add-ons page says 1.1.17.0, but on the download page it says 1.2.0.0.
But it doesn't seem to have the latest changes.
I had forgotten (again) to update the version number on the download page.
The current plugin version with the change discussed a few posts back is indeed that v1.2.0.0

So users who are using the latest MB v3.5.8328 and the plugin's v1.2 will have this provider arrangement when the plugin is first installed/enabled/added to MusicBee:
Is that not what you're seeing on your side?

hiccup

Is that not what you're seeing on your side?
I am seeing this:

So the order of the plugin providers is o.k., but they are un-ticked while chartlyrics is ticked and on top.
I was assuming the plugin download was not updated with what you mentioned on Okt. 19th  since on Google Drive the file has Okt. 17th as latest modification date.
Strange.
(mb 3.5.8328)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
As with any lyrics plugin, MusicBee will only automatically enable the providers if it is "recognizing" the plugin as if it were the first time.
Try disabling and re-enabling the plugin, you'll see the providers getting automatically ticked.
So users who would be installing this plugin for the very first time would have those providers auto-ticked and appearing in that order.

I was assuming the plugin download was not updated with what you mentioned on Okt. 19th  since on Google Drive the file has Okt. 17th as latest modification date.
I had already made those suggested changes the day you proposed them (17th).
When I was positive that it could work, that's when I made the release public (19th) and then went on to ask Steven to make the necessary changes on his side.

psydeath

I just got this plugin setup and i can search for lyrics manually and i see them being looked up in the log but i cant seem to get this to work automatically. under tags(2)  I have both auto retrieve and save turn on. Changing tracks results in [DEBUG] Received a notification of type TagsChanging in the log but lyrics are never auto searched.

Any ideas?