Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 62445 times)

hiccup

And tbh, I doubt there are any websites that allow this kind of web access, but since "everyone does it", it's fine so long as we don't fly over the radar.

It's probably wise not to turn this into a lengthy discussion addressing all aspects related to this, but for one thing:
I am pretty sure that none of these lyrics providers owns the rights of even one single lyric they openly display on their websites, and so making them available to anyone with an internet connection.

What is also interesting (and kind of funny) is that even the larger commercial ones don't seem to be certain or straightforward on what 'the rules of this game' are.
Out of curiosity of how this all works, I registered to a couple of them. (as a potential contributor)
One of them stated that when adding lyrics, you were not allowed to copy and paste lyrics from other sources to theirs.
You should carefully listen to the song and it's lyrics, and type what you hear yourself.
Yeah, right. I am sure everybody does that, and all the lyrics they are offering were created in that way.
Let's just hush, and carry on with our no-money-making hobby?

sveakul

@Mayibongwe:  tried Metal Archives again with the 1.1.15.8 download, and now it is finding lyrics there from radio streams, but only at about a 50/50 rate compared to Foobar which I used for side-by-side comparison with the same streams.

I think we can probably agree that the Metal Archives capability of the plugin is "It is what it is," and just let it go at that.  Thank you for your efforts once again.

sveakul

Yes. All my testing is done using locally stored files.
Are you seeing different results when streaming?
Yes, as in zero results (for Metal Archives) before today--but see my last post (Reply #121).

hiccup

… but only at about a 50/50 rate compared to Foobar which I used for side-by-side comparison with the same streams.
Perhaps you could name a couple of songs or albums that foobar2000's plugin finds that 'our' plugin doesn't?
Providing specifics would probably be helpful to Mayibongwe in case he is willing to investigate this further.

sveakul

… but only at about a 50/50 rate compared to Foobar which I used for side-by-side comparison with the same streams.
Perhaps you could name a couple of songs or albums that foobar2000's plugin finds that 'our' plugin doesn't?
Providing specifics would probably be helpful to Mayibongwe in case he is willing to investigate this further.
I'll try to provide something more helpful over the next couple of days as far as missed tracks with corresponding log entries, no time right now.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
...but only at about a 50/50 rate compared to Foobar which I used for side-by-side comparison with the same streams.
What hiccup said...more examples would be helpful whenever you get the time.
But I did notice how it wasn't matching artist names with spaces in the google part of it. That should be fixed now.

....metal-archives.com/albums/Helloween/Helloween/935514
has lyrics for all tracks, but the plugin returns none.

....metal-archives.com/albums/Anvil/Forged_in_Fire/1906
no lyrics gets returned when e.g. playing #7
Those two have the same problem. The website has got two album versions for each of them.
So for the first one, the search is leading to this page instead of going directly to the page you've linked: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Helloween/Helloween
To account for those, I have resorted to the google searching as well - so it's now the default and should work with these too.

....metal-archives.com/albums/Carcass/Torn_Arteries/956082
only has the lyrics for #4 and #10

But songs 1-3 will get the lyrics for #4 returned,
and songs 5-9 will get the lyrics for #10 returned.

Something similar for ....metal-archives.com/albums/Hooded_Menace/The_Tritonus_Bell/949017
where track 1 is labelled 'instrumental', but the plugin will retrieve the lyrics of #2 for it.
I have changed the lyrics pattern for the yml that should address this.
Re-download both the plugin and the yml (btw, I also fixed the extra code showing up in the Letras de músicas provider).
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

sveakul

I did some testing just now using the new 1.1.15.9 plugin and the updated Metal Archives yml file.  Results show a significant improvement.  Using radio streams only, out of 30 hits from Metal Archives using the Foobar setup, only 6 of those were not hit also by MusicBee, so an 80% success ratio.  Here is the "excised" log data for the 6 not found:

11/08/2022 12:25:09 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Dysanchely - Songs Of Sorrow -  - Metal Archives
11/08/2022 12:25:09 [INFO] Metal Archives tries to load the lyrics...
11/08/2022 12:25:09 [DEBUG] The constructed google identity URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=Metal Archives+Dysanchely+Songs Of Sorrow
11/08/2022 12:25:09 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
11/08/2022 12:25:09 [DEBUG] The constructed identity URL: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Dysanchely/Songs_of_Sorrow/515170
11/08/2022 12:25:10 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
11/08/2022 12:25:10 [WARN] The identity pattern \nSongs Of Sorrow.*?\n.*?id="song(?<identity>.*?)" didn't match!
11/08/2022 12:25:10 [INFO] No lyrics found.
11/08/2022 12:25:10 [FAIL] no lyrics found from Metal Archives

11/08/2022 12:26:05 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Thy Catafalque - Desolatio -  - Metal Archives
11/08/2022 12:26:05 [INFO] Metal Archives tries to load the lyrics...
11/08/2022 12:26:05 [DEBUG] The constructed google identity URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=Metal Archives+Thy_Catafalque+Desolatio
11/08/2022 12:26:05 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
11/08/2022 12:26:06 [DEBUG] The constructed identity URL: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Thy_Catafalque/Vadak/937106
11/08/2022 12:26:06 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
11/08/2022 12:26:06 [WARN] The identity pattern \nDesolatio.*?\n.*?id="song(?<identity>.*?)" didn't match!
11/08/2022 12:26:06 [INFO] No lyrics found.
11/08/2022 12:26:06 [FAIL] no lyrics found from Metal Archives

11/08/2022 12:27:07 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Woods Of Ypres - The Sun Was In My Eyes Part One -  - Metal Archives
11/08/2022 12:27:07 [INFO] Metal Archives tries to load the lyrics...
11/08/2022 12:27:07 [DEBUG] The constructed google identity URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=Metal Archives+Woods_Of_Ypres+The Sun Was In My Eyes Part One
11/08/2022 12:27:07 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
11/08/2022 12:27:08 [WARN] The google identity pattern (?<identity>https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Woods_Of_Ypres/.*?)["&] didn't match!
1/08/2022 12:33:21 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Theatres Des Vampires - Queen Of The Damned -  - Metal Archives
11/08/2022 12:33:21 [INFO] Metal Archives tries to load the lyrics...
11/08/2022 12:33:21 [DEBUG] The constructed google identity URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=Metal Archives+Theatres_Des_Vampires+Queen Of The Damned
11/08/2022 12:33:21 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
11/08/2022 12:33:22 [WARN] The google identity pattern (?<identity>https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Theatres_Des_Vampires/.*?)["&] didn't match!

11/08/2022 12:35:16 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Shape Of Despair - Quiet These Paintings Are -  - Metal Archives
11/08/2022 12:35:16 [INFO] Metal Archives tries to load the lyrics...
11/08/2022 12:35:16 [DEBUG] The constructed google identity URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=Metal Archives+Shape_Of_Despair+Quiet These Paintings Are
11/08/2022 12:35:16 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
11/08/2022 12:35:17 [WARN] The google identity pattern (?<identity>https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Shape_Of_Despair/.*?)["&] didn't match!

11/08/2022 12:46:24 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Edge Of Thorns - Revelation -  - Metal Archives
11/08/2022 12:46:24 [INFO] Metal Archives tries to load the lyrics...
11/08/2022 12:46:24 [DEBUG] The constructed google identity URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=Metal Archives+Edge_Of_Thorns+Revelation
11/08/2022 12:46:24 [DEBUG] gzip compression detected
11/08/2022 12:46:24 [WARN] The google identity pattern (?<identity>https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Edge_Of_Thorns/.*?)["&] didn't match!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
1. Dysanchely - Songs Of Sorrow
2. Thy Catafalque - Desolatio
3. Woods Of Ypres - The Sun Was In My Eyes Part One
4. Theatres Des Vampires - Queen Of The Damned
5. Shape Of Despair - Quiet These Paintings Are
6. Edge Of Thorns - Revelation
Looks like #1 and #3 are not properly tagged. The pattern has been told to look for "Songs of Sorrow" and "The Sun Was In My Eyes Part One",
but the tracks on the website are titled "Song of Sorrow" and "The Sun Was In My Eyes: Part One".
I don't think that can be helped - not with this provider, that is.

The first search result picked up for #2 is a compilation album that does not show the lyrics.
No room for improvement here either (especially when the provider can't be supplied an album name in this case).

#3 to #6 had a problem where google wasn't making a match because the searching was case sensitive.
I have changed that for the next update which is already available. With the latest version:

#5 and #6 are now getting picked up, but #4 has a problem similar to #2 where an incorrect album by that artist is being prioritized over the correct one.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

hiccup

....metal-archives.com/albums/Helloween/Helloween/935514
has lyrics for all tracks, but the plugin returns none.

....metal-archives.com/albums/Anvil/Forged_in_Fire/1906
no lyrics gets returned when e.g. playing #7

....metal-archives.com/albums/Carcass/Torn_Arteries/956082
only has the lyrics for #4 and #10

But songs 1-3 will get the lyrics for #4 returned,
and songs 5-9 will get the lyrics for #10 returned.

Something similar for ....metal-archives.com/albums/Hooded_Menace/The_Tritonus_Bell/949017
where track 1 is labelled 'instrumental', but the plugin will retrieve the lyrics of #2 for it.
I have changed the lyrics pattern for the yml that should address this.
Re-download both the plugin and the yml (btw, I also fixed the extra code showing up in the Letras de músicas provider).
Wow.
WOW!

This seems to be a big improvement overall.
Both the success rate and the quality of the results have improved significantly.

See the updated stats image here

I am getting fantastic results using these providers, in this order:

1. Genius
2. Musixmatch
3. Deezer
4. Metal Archives

sveakul

Yes, Metal Archives was a good add, have already come across several stream titles where it came up as the ONLY lyrics source when running them all.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
The first search result picked up for #2 is a compilation album that does not show the lyrics.
No room for improvement here either (especially when the provider can't be supplied an album name in this case).
As a matter of fact, there was room for improvement for scenarios #2 and #4. (v1.1.16.1 is needed)
I realized I can just send in the album tag in the search as well. That'll make it more precise, except with radio streams which often do not come along with album names.

So for those using local and properly tagged files for this, every song from the list in my previous reply will get correctly matched.
But with radio streams, only 5 and 6 will get results. The rest will return a 'not found' for reasons already explained.

hiccup

Yes, Metal Archives was a good add…
While interesting for metalheads, they don't offer that much extra for 'the average listener'.
But Mayibongwes latest tweaks have also significantly improved the results for some of the other providers that have much larger databases.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thanks for suggesting it, sveakul. I'm kinda disappointed not to have managed to fully accommodate radio streams, as that is what you use most.
But from hiccup's statistics update, it seems most will benefit from this suggestion of yours.

I'm one of the average listeners who won't get to experience the joy of this provider.
Unfortunate me doesn't seem to have any song that fits the kind available on that website.
Thought The Cranberries' Zombie would be the only song from my collection that turns up there, but damn even that did not ;-(

hiccup

Thought The Cranberries' Zombie would be the only song from my collection that turns up there, but damn even that did not ;-(
I am getting it from Musixmatch?:

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
No, I was referring to Metal Archives and how I didn't have any song of that nature (metal) in my library.
Something like that Red Skull meme from Endgame..."I guide others to a treasure I cannot possess".
Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:41:30 PM by Mayibongwe