Author Topic: Issues with Audiobooks and "remember playback position"  (Read 870 times)

Dysto

Whenever I close the app and start it up again, it remembers the same seemingly arbitrary positions everytime rather than the position I was at. Even for chapters I haven't listened to yet. The percentages seem to be the same everytime, is there something wrong with my files? 

Steven

• Administrator
try installing bass_aac.dll
i think the instructions are in the help page or search the forum

Dysto

Thank you for the response! Doesn't seem to work still but I'll keep fiddling around with it or possibly just leaving MusicBee for music since I have found another player that does work with my library. I am guessing the issues are due to my library being converted from Audible's proprietary format so I am not surprised nor can I blame MB for not playing nice with my audiobooks.

Steven

• Administrator
Are Chapters 1 .. 29 separate files or just 1 file?
If its one file could you PM me a link to the file?

Dysto

Yeah it's all a one M4B file, converted from Audible's AAX format via Libation. I'll send it to you in a PM when I have a bit more time.

Steven

• Administrator
I am not having any issues with the start position being remembered and playback resuming where it left off, but because it is using a cuesheet with chapters it is messing up the displayed percentage played. I will fix that.
In the interim, if you are not using the store version, try using the latest patch in case the issue is from an old MB version
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

edit:
never mind - i can reproduce this if you restart MB and another track was playng
Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 10:35:13 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
this is fixed for the next v3.5 patch update but i will do some more testing before making it available. It only maintains the position for the most recently played chapter

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files. The remembered offset wont work the very first time for a file with chapters split by cuesheet
Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 11:54:12 AM by Steven