Author Topic: Every Song is Duplicated  (Read 470 times)

JohnMusic

New user here: Tonight when I open MB every song is listed twice on every album. Ex: Aerosmith's Greatest Hits - When I click on the album to bring up the track list, every song is listed twice - it's this way with all 450 albums... the music files are NOT duplicated, just the listing within MB.

Any ideas?

John

Zak

• Global Moderator
the music files are NOT duplicated, just the listing within MB.
I'm not sure that's even possible, but it's easy to check.
Right-click both versions of a track and select Edit, and check their location on the Properties tab to make sure they're actually both referring to the same file.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
It might also be an embedded cuesheet. Right click on the files, and if it is the case then select 'Remove CueSheet'

JohnMusic

the music files are NOT duplicated, just the listing within MB.
I'm not sure that's even possible, but it's easy to check.
Right-click both versions of a track and select Edit, and check their location on the Properties tab to make sure they're actually both referring to the same file.
Zak, that is it - one points to the physical drive and the other point to the network share:

E:\MusicBee\Ripped Files\Uriah Heep\Demons And Wizards\01 The Wizard.m4a
\\DESK01\MusicBee\Ripped Files\Uriah Heep\Demons And Wizards\01 The Wizard.m4a

Since I am wanting to network share this, how do I get rid on only the E:?
It might also be an embedded cuesheet. Right click on the files, and if it is the case then select 'Remove CueSheet'

Steven, I checked, no CueSheet

boroda

switch to 'track details' view, add 'url' field to displayed columns, and sort by url. click on 1st local file, then shift-click on last local file. right-click on any elected track and choose 'remove' (or 'delete', i don't remember english wording).

JohnMusic

switch to 'track details' view, add 'url' field to displayed columns, and sort by url. click on 1st local file, then shift-click on last local file. right-click on any elected track and choose 'remove' (or 'delete', i don't remember english wording).
Boroda: Thank you for your help, it would have fixed the duplicate problem.

Since I was also working thru a network share / multiple computer install issue, I wound up uninstalling MB and reinstalling MB Portable. I have no idea how I initially managed to have duplicates. Thanks again for your help!