Author Topic: Bandcamp files tracklist are getting rearranged?  (Read 727 times)

koridabomb

Hey guys I've been adding my bandcamp collection to musicbee but I am having a really frustrating problem. Music Bee keeps changing the tracklist for every album I add to the program. For some reason whenever the files are from a different source e.g (Soulseek) they don't have this problem.

as you can see the gospel album(form soulseek) is organized but the negative gemini(from bandcamp) is out of order. Is it something to do with the numbers on the tracks? This is the way they are titled when I download from bandcamp. Am I missing something simple? Is there someway to organize it manually?

koridabomb

addendum: my friend tried to do it while downloading FLAC's but I used WAV's is there a way to reoorganize the WAV albums without having to download them as FLAC's?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
WAVs are notoriously problematic with tags, but since they're lossless you could just have MusicBee convert them to FLAC for you.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
addendum: my friend tried to do it while downloading FLAC's but I used WAV's is there a way to reoorganize the WAV albums without having to download them as FLAC's?
WAV files are notorious for not handling tags properly. You can convert your WAVs to FLAC. Select the files > right-click > send to > format converter > format converter > encode as > FLAC. I STRONGLY suggest testing with one album before converting your entire collection. Make sure it's working as expected.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

koridabomb

although the WAV converter didnt seem to work doing the files in FLAC seems to do the trick so thanks for the advice guys

phred

• Global Moderator
although the WAV converter didnt seem to work doing the files in FLAC seems to do the trick so thanks for the advice guys
Huh?
How did you get the files to FLAC if the converter didn't work?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

koridabomb

oh i just redownloaded them from bandcamp sorry if that wasn't clear