Author Topic: ReplayGain Tag not read by Poweramp or VLC Player  (Read 1009 times)

Two-Tu

Hi!

Using the "Analyse Volume" tool in MusicBee, I have added replaygain tags to my song files (mostly MP3s und FLACs). Works like a charm in MusicBee itself; all songs are "equally loud".

However, those exact same songs have different levels of loudness in e.g. Poweramp or VLC Player.

Is there an option to "universally" add those replaygain tags so they can be read by any application?

phred

• Global Moderator
As long as PowerAmp can read the tags, they should be seen there. Tags are tags. If MB creates them, and you sync or copy the files to PowerAmp, then the tags are there. PowerAmp has to support the replay gain tags. And I'd be surprised if it doesn't. MB doesn't selectively decide which tags to send. They're all embedded in the file and they all get sent.

Check the files using MB's Tag Inspector (open the Tag Editor and click on the Tag Inspector tab) to check if the tags are present. If they are then I suggest you seek out a PowerAmp forum to find out if they're supported and if so, why they don't seem to appear.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Can verify that all of my ReplayGain tags generated in MB are read and used by PowerAmp on Android just fine.

You do, of course, have ReplayGain turned on in PowerAmp (Settings->Audio), right?

Two-Tu

Can verify that all of my ReplayGain tags generated in MB are read and used by PowerAmp on Android just fine.

You do, of course, have ReplayGain turned on in PowerAmp (Settings->Audio), right?

Ugh, silly me. Yeah... That did it for me in PowerAmp.

Thanks alot, guys. Very much appreciated! 😊