Author Topic: Inbox keeps adding albums that are not in library  (Read 352 times)

zpoison

Inbox keeps adding albums that are not in the library

40 000 items in the inbox now, last time it was 600 000
Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 11:02:51 PM by zpoison

frankz

MB doesn't explore your computer seeking folders to scan - you tell it which folders to scan and import from.  If there are files that you don't want MB to import, don't scan those folders for files.

phred

• Global Moderator
First off, the Inbox is the area used for files that are not yet in the library. Files such as those that still need to be tagged, or have artwork added. Before adding them to the library.

And as frankz says, MB will only put files in the Inbox if you've told it to. I doesn't just decide on its own what to put there. Check the settings under Preferences > Library > monitored folders and remove the folders you don't want MB to search and add.

And since I'm the curious type, how did it go from 600,000 to 40,000?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

zpoison

Hi Phred, sorry for being late, I was about to send you a picture of my MB inbox + another one which shows the folder included in the library, I would have send them into the other thread I started the other day about my 600 000 files being in the MB's inbox when I woke up in the morning showing being added during the night lol
But then I saw your reply here, which makes sense, I think I checked the whole folder in which the library is located to have it being monitored...that was this causing this both the 2 times, most likely.
 Library consist of Scandinavian metal, and the whole folder consist of my recent additions including anything else, electro, death metal, pagan metal, east european bands

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll make a bigger library, instead of smaller "genre categories" like I did before (well there is a "library folder view" option to add in the "arrange pannels" section, I thought it was the way to do things, to switch libraries, make one for each music styles.
Oh well
The reason I had this library with 40k files in it it's because it was for the "Skan" library(+ larger newly added files folder) and the other day, it was also for the scandi but was included more folders (both came from the monitored folders that I had added after creating them)
Oh well oh well. Thanks for the help, don't hesitate to ask questions if you want of course
Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 01:01:57 PM by zpoison

zpoison

MB doesn't explore your computer seeking folders to scan - you tell it which folders to scan and import from.  If there are files that you don't want MB to import, don't scan those folders for files.

You are correct, now I'll stop associating them with folders that are not in the library (I had included "recent files" folders so in my mind the new files in my computer would have been added to the inbox even if I would have forget to add them to a folder of the library) Thanks for the info