Author Topic: Inbox show every item not in library? + Wrong "date added" of these extra files?  (Read 606 times)

zpoison

I 've seen I have 600k files in the inbox for a library that these folders are not included in it and I switched to other libraries and they seems to be okay with no "extra" files clogging the inbox (I looked at the folders included in this specific library and they are just two, just like the way I created the library in the first place)

If I look at the "date added" of these folders (Inside the inbox), they seems to all have been added yesterday at 2AM and I remember yesterday at 2AM I  have not added these folders or any files during the night at all and I have not created a new library yesterday either

Of course I can create a new library, but this is weird, maybe someone knows what happened

phred

• Global Moderator
Are the files truly in the Inbox?
Are you sure the files have a 'date added' of 2am?
'Date Added' is only used once files are added to the library. If they're in the inbox they shouldn't have a date added.
Therefore I'm a little confused. Are the files in your Inbox or are they in your Library?

I find it odd that 600,000 files were added to the library without you doing anything. Unless you have the directory in which the files exist set as a monitored folder and also have enabled the option to add new files to the library. OR you have the monitored folder automatically sweep and organize the new files.

Either way if there's a 'date added' they're in your library.

But I admit (again) I'm a little confused by what you're saying.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Are the files truly in the Inbox?
Are you sure the files have a 'date added' of 2am?
'Date Added' is only used once files are added to the library. If they're in the inbox they shouldn't have a date added.
I have no idea what op did here, but just a quick note that all of my inbox files have a date added value and it is the date they were added to Musicbee.

When these are subsequently added to the library, they retain this same date.

phred

• Global Moderator
I have no idea what op did here, but just a quick note that all of my inbox files have a date added value and it is the date they were added to Musicbee.
When these are subsequently added to the library, they retain this same date.
Hmmm ... interesting. I just checked the files in my Inbox and there is no date added. I guess that's another MusicBee mystery that Steven will have to offer up a comment.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
date added is set when a file is first added to the library (ie. not when added to the inbox)
If a file is subsequently moved to the inbox i think it should retain the date but i vaguely recall it gets reset if moved back to the library (as was discussed and agreed on the forum)

frankz

date added is set when a file is first added to the library (ie. not when added to the inbox)
If a file is subsequently moved to the inbox i think it should retain the date but i vaguely recall it gets reset if moved back to the library (as was discussed and agreed on the forum)
I import my files directly to the inbox.  Each of them has a Date Added (as well as a Date Added (Album)) .  I sort my inbox by Date Added. These have never touched my library.

Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 12:54:50 AM by frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
That's what I've been experiencing. Thanks for clearing that up, Steven.

But what's happening with frankz's situation?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

Just to be clear, I like and kind of rely on my situation to work through my inbox. Was not complaining, just noting.

phred

• Global Moderator
Just to be clear, I like and kind of rely on my situation to work through my inbox. Was not complaining, just noting.
I understand that. The question I was posing to Steven is why does it work one way for me and another way for you? I RIP, copy, import new tracks to my inbox. And I've never seen the 'date added' field populated. But you do. Very strange.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

The question I was posing to Steven is why does it work one way for me and another way for you?
I believe MusicBee has built-in AI that interprets and responds to our internal wishes about how we'd like to interact with the program.

Just a theory.

phred

• Global Moderator
I believe MusicBee has built-in AI that interprets and responds to our internal wishes about how we'd like to interact with the program.
COOL!!!
Perhaps I should move this thread to the Undocumented Features section.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Zak

• Global Moderator
I'm using 3.5.8150 P.

I also have Inbox tracks showing a Date Added timestamp here, which is the time I moved tracks to a monitored folder that MusicBee then imported to the Inbox automatically.
When I move them to the Library, Date Added is updated to the time I do that.
Moving them back and forth between Library and Inbox after that never updates the time again - it now stays as the time I first added them to the Library.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
Looking at the code, it does set the date added when a file is sent to the inbox.
@phred, perhaps MB wasnt always that way and you added those files a long time ago

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, perhaps MB wasnt always that way and you added those files a long time ago
That's quite possible Steven. There is a -lot- of stuff in my inbox that I should really delete or get to work on.

As a test, I just ripped three tracks from a CD to the inbox and yes indeed, the date added field was populated.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

zpoison

In the setting options we can choose if the file date tag is modified when we edit a tag but, I agree that it is logical that the inbox show a date modified when a file is added, of course, yes. So that is cleared

Now maybe I know the reason for the why I had all these files in my inbox but not in the library:
I think yesterday I tried the option "Manage folders" and then I did "choose filtered folders" to see how it looks like, maybe it was that ! It was probably that

Nevermind, I ended up deleting the library and then I have wait an hour or two just in case, to see if the population of files would occur again, it haven't, so it's all good
MB has such a great community, you're awesome guys and a special thanks to Steven, cleaver and talented software engineer